"Alright, why not?" Flameheart quickly stood up. "Last one to the border is a dead squirrel!" In an instant, he dashed from his spot.

"No fair!" Amberwind called, letting out a yowl of delight as she chased him. However, in no time, she was able to catch up to him and even passed him.

Icestar watched the two with amusement as they went on ahead. Crowflight padded up to his side, asking, "Is it okay to let them act like that? They can scare away the prey."

Icestar purred. "Why not? We should have fun once in a while, and there won't be a hunting patrol here anytime soon." He began to walk forward, followed by the other two warriors. Deep down, Icestar secretly hoped that Crowflight had already forgotten about Flameheart and Icestar's conversation earlier, and also hoped he hadn't overheard anything. It wouldn't be good if rumors spread around the Clan.

When Icestar finally reached Flameheart and Amberwind, he realized that they were not alone. For a brief moment, he thought there was a band of rogues on the other side of the border, until then he realized it was only a CloudClan patrol.

I'm being delusional! Icestar thought. I should quit thinking about rogues, and focus on the patrol.

"It's good to see you," meowed the familiar voice of Grassheart. Amberwind gave them a curt and official nod as Icestar reached by her side.

As if they were old friends, Grassheart and Icestar touched noses. "I hope you're doing well, Grassheart," he said sincerely, and looked over the tom's shoulder to see two more CloudClan cats—Smallfeather, a little calico she-cat, and Swallowfur, a tom with unusual markings all over his pelt. His fur was gray, his neck was red, and his belly was white, along with his white paws and an oddly shaped patch over his eye. "As for your Clan," Icestar added, giving the two an acknowledging nod.

Grassheart took a step back into his own territory. "How are your kits, Icestar?"

"Oh, they're fine—"

"Ravenkit is a boisterous one. Quite a troublemaker, isn't she?" Crowflight cut in with a mrrow of laughter.

Flameheart purred. "And she doesn't even take it from any of her parents! Icestar and Silverleaf were never a cause for trouble." He gave Icestar a humorous shove. "And Dewkit's got a personality of his own too—the kit is scared of his own shadow!"

Grassheart's whiskers twitched. "That sounds like my own Flykit—"

Smallfeather stepped up in between her two Clanmates. "That sounds nice and all, but I think we should get to our own business," she said, casting a glance as Icestar and Grassheart. "The sun is about to pass over the trees, and Swiftstar wants us to mark the whole border along MoonClan before it becomes sun-high."

"We understand," Icestar said with a respectful dip of his head. "We will let you be on your way." He looked at Grassheart. "Well, if I see you at the gathering we'll be sure to talk then!"

Grassheart nodded with agreement, just as Swallowfur gave an exasperated sigh. "It's never been appropriate for two cats of different Clans to speak on good terms other than in gatherings anyway," he piped up, his gaze firmly on the MoonClan warriors. Amberwind narrowed her eyes, becoming clearly a bit annoyed. "Just because we fought one battle together, it does not mean that MoonClan and CloudClan are friends."

"No, we're not friends," Amberwind said quickly. "But there's nothing wrong with being on good terms!"

"There is!" snapped Swallowfur.

Grassheart gave a stern look of disapproval to his Clanmate. "Don't try and argue, Swallowfur. It's uncommon, sure, but not unheard of." He looked at Icestar and his Clanmates. "We best be on our way then."