Chapter 8

Braxton's POV

"Why don't we take her with us?" Talon asked as I walked down the stairs. "Cheer her up a bit?"

"I'm not dealing with my heartbroken fiancé," I responded, I finished buttoning up the last of my shirt as I approached Talon. "Why do you think I made plans with you?"

"You're suppose to make her feel better, Braxton," Talon shot my way.

"That's her business, not mine," I replied grimly. "She'll be fine, Mute is staying with her."

"Why am I best friends with such a heartless asshole?" He snapped at me, but I only smiled in response.

"I ask myself that same question everyday," I said, which only made him roll his eyes. "I'll meet you downstairs."

"Don't do anything to her,"

"Go," I said sharply, he hesitated, but turned to walk out from the apartment. I walked over to the couch where Grey was knocked out.

Her cheeks were tearstained from waking up from her sleep crying, dark circles rested under her eyes, and her hair blanketed her face.

"Grey," I called, I pushed her hair from her face and shook her arm making her body shake. "Get up." She moaned, letting her eyes part slightly, but hid her face as soon as she saw me.

"Brax,"

"I'm going to be gone for a bit, but I'm going to have one of my guys stay with you," I informed her, she looked at me with her darkened grey eyes. "If you're a good girl, tonight, we can take a bubble bath." 

"Okay," she replied, her eyes began to droop again and I kissed her cheek. I pulled back from her and headed towards the door. "Braxton."

"What, Grey?" I asked annoyed as I turned back towards her.

"Sorry, I kept you up last night," she answered.

I bit at my bottom lip before I replied. "You can make it up to me." I continued out the door and shut it right behind me.

Noah's POV

"You should be glad you're hot, Damon Salvatore, because you're a butthole," I said to the TV, I was about to start the next episode before I heard the front door slam.

"You can go home," I heard Braxton's muffled voice from downstairs. I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs followed by the front door closing again.

I scrambled to get the plate of chocolate strawberries and lay it on the bedside table. I heard my bedroom door slam, I jumped at the action and my heart beat pounded fast in my chest.

Braxton's bedroom door opened, revealing a calm Braxton, but his eyes showed the opposite.

"Why are you in my room?" He asked calmly, but I could hear the suppressed anger.

"I wanted to watch Netflix," I answered softly, I picked nervously at my fingers. "I didn't think you'd mind."

"Shut up," he shot back, I looked down at my hands avoiding his gaze. "Go run a bubble bath."

I was about to tell him I already took a shower, but I thought against it seeing his attitude. My legs felt like jelly, but I forced them to proceed towards the bathroom.