Chapter 1

Noah's POV

"Well, that ending sucked," I complained to myself before I closed the book. I didn't know how many books I've read in my 17 years of living, but it could fill a library.

I carefully tossed the book over to my pile before my name was called. "Noah," my head popped up at the sound of my fathers voice, confusion overwhelmed me wondering why he was awake.

Spending your nights in Casinos, gambling while drunk, tends to drain your energy quite quickly. So, it was acceptable for me to question why he was awake at the same time of the sun.

I pushed myself up from my swing and headed towards the sliding glass door. I kicked the deflated soccer ball to the side before I stepped inside.

"There's leftovers in the refrigerator if you're hungry," I spoke, I looked up to see my father, but he was not standing alone. A man and a woman stood by his side.

The woman's dark hair was pulled back leaving two curled strands on either side of her structured face. Her dark brown eyes were emphasized by her long dark eyelashes.

She wore a white lace top matched with a peach pencil skirt that outlined her figure. With one hand, she held onto a black clutch while the other hand latched onto the mans elbow.

While the woman's eyes were brown, the mans eyes were an illuminating green. I didn't know how old he was just by looking, but he seemed as if he was fresh out of college. Hence the fact he was wearing a black and white suit.

I finally met the woman eyes again, just to see a sudden smile go across her face. "My heavens, you're gorgeous, love," she beamed, I wanted to reply, but I didn't know how. "I can't explain my excitement for when we pick out your wedding dress."

"I'm sorry," I chuckled, I shook my head followed by my eyebrows raising. "A wedding dress?"

"Well, silly, that's what you wear when you get married," she replied, my smirk slightly faltered as I looked over her serious expression.

"Are you on drugs, lady?" Her sweet smile stayed, but it disappeared from her eyes.

"Did you not inform her of the plan?" The man spoke up for the first time, his green eyes glued on my father.

"What plan?" I said through my teeth, my eyes averted over to my father. "What'd you do?" His expression never faltered as his eyes stared into mine. A snap coming from the man took my attention from my father.

"Wait in the car," the man told the woman, she nodded in obedience  before walking away. As she walked out, two guys walked in.

"No, no, I'm sorry, there's been some kind of mistake," I stammered over my words, my throat began to sting with every escaping word. I looked over at my drunk father. "Don't do this." I backed away from the two men approaching me.

My path was blocked once I backed into someone else, arms wrapped around my waist and I cried out.

I was spun around to a black suit and then tossed over a shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I kicked my feet and flailed my arms in attempt to get loose, but I was failing miserably.

"Goodbye, Mr. Love," I heard the man reply casually over my screams of disapproval.

"Daddy, please!" I yelled, the man who was carrying me never slowed his steps despite my kicks and punches. "You can't let them do this, you bastard!" I was tossed lazily into the backseat of a SUV at the end of my cry.