(chapter 6)(new parolee)

(Mariah's p.o.v)

I was cleaning one of the kennels When I saw Kolby behind me with a man that I had never seen before. "Mariah this is Brantley, my brother". Kolby says as I came out of jipsy's kennel. I shook Brantley's hand. "Wait you were the EMS guy". I say. "Oh, huh that was you?" He says confused. "You already checked in with mom?" I asked. "Yeah". Brantley said and Kolby nodded in agreement.

"Well Kolby, I guess show your big brother the ropes. If you need me I'll be around". I said. I walked to the next row of kennels. I was almost done with my section.

(Brantley's p.o.v)

I watched her as she worked and damn if I wasn't drooling. Her hair was tied up on top of her head. Sweat pouring off her face. Her skin all pink and perfect. "Hey pay attention brother, you don't want to end up getting fired for lettin a dog loose." Kolby said breaking me from the trance I was in. Mariah walked off to another section of kennels.
"But she's so perdy". I say. My brother quirked an eyebrow. "Don't okay, she's not your type". Kolby says. "What do you mean she's not my type, what do you know about what I like." I say.
Kolby looked at me funny and went back to his work.

(Later that night)

(Mariah's p.o.v)

I was back at home. The new guy was gonna live with me and his younger bro until they could get their own crib. I had showered and checked on my dog and Sylo.
But I couldn't find Sylo. I went down the hall. My bare feet became cold when I came into the kitchen. The wood floors were like ice. There sylo was sitting there looking at Brantley and Kolby. They were both in athletic shorts and t-shirts with the sleeves cut off. Kolby was talking about what to do if a dog gets out. Brantley was listening.
They hadn't seen me yet and that was good cause I was checking out Brantley's tats. They were epic. And I was sure I was drooling. Brantley looked my way. "Hey, whats up". He says. "Nothing I was actually searching for Sylo, he's been sleeping in my bed with me at night". I say.
"Lucky dog". Brantley said. Kolby elbowed his older brother in the ribs. I smirked. "Very cute". I say.

"Well, as long as he's okay, I'm going to bed". I say. I went to my bedroom and climbed into bed.

(Brantley's p.o.v)

"She's mine, back off". Kolby says. "I think that's her decision". I said. "Come on Sylo". I say to my dog that looked at me curiously.
I had to sleep on the couch because it was only a two bedroom house. Mariah slept in one room and Kolby slept in the other. Only one other parolee lived here. His name was Jake. He was covered in tattoos much like I was. His lip was pierced and so was his ears. Kolby said that he was like a big brother to Mariah.
Jake and Kolby shared a room.

I nodded off into my soon to be deep sleep.

I jumped up when I heard Mariah scream!! I hurried towards her room and I wasn't the only one to do so. Jake had a gun in his hand and kicked open her door. He flicked on the lights. She appeared to be okay minus the fact that she was crying. "Hey you okay?" Jake asked her while putting the 22 down on her night stand. She began to wipe her tears away. "I'm okay, just a nightmare". She says. Jake climbed into bed with her. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to punch him in the nose for pulling her so close to his tattooed chest.
"I got her guys". Jake said to me and my brother. Me and Kolby headed back to our beds. But I kinda hung around outside the door to listen to Mariah's convo with Jake. "Whats a matter?" he asked her. I could hear him rubbing her back. "I had that nightmare again, where I put sloth to sleep". She said. "I'm sorry darlin'". Jake said. I heard a kiss. I hoped he just kissed her forehead. I had to admit this thing with her and Jake tore me up a little inside.