One

A/N: Here is the first chapter of my new Rom Com novel. I had fun writing Meeting Mr. Mogul, but this is a whole new level of laughs and cringeworthy for me.

For my Radish Fiction readers, this story is available there as well to accommodate both reader preferred platforms. Same update day.

Updates will be weekly for now. Change of update will be announced in the future.

Thank you for everything! ~ Mel.

__________________________________

Sighing heavily, the girls probed me to do the most inexcusable - and mind you - disconcerting thing I'd ever done in my life. Coleen was smiling from ear to ear as Megan leaned on the table, eying each of us as she whispered the root of my concern. It made you wonder how I'd gotten myself into this mess. It had to do after I had a shitty day, which ended in me seeing my now ex-lover being ridden cowgirl style by my college nemesis, and wearing a wrong sized bra.

How could a wrong bra size lead me into this situation? It was because I currently wore the said bra, and I felt like my chest cavity was about to cave-in at what I was about to do.

I got my glass of Cosmos and took another sip while they continued talking.

"How about that table over there?" Marie pointed out, her eyes darting across the room towards a pool table occupied by three men.

I followed her gaze and studied the men she was referring. My heart jolted at the sight them. They looked like fitness junky and could probably sway a girl to get in bed with them. Before my thoughts led to a different direction, I turned back to my four best friends with a grim look.

"To hell I'm not going to that pool table," I hissed under my breath, knowing that they clearly heard me.

"Don't be a poor sport, Kyla. They seem like nice guys," Rose pointed out.

"Rose, no. I couldn't do what you girls are asking," I said in defeat, closing my eyes and shook my head in disapproval.

"Don't be a wimp. As promised, you are doing this," Megan commandingly stated.

"You have to do it, Kyla. We had gone through this before, and now it's your turn," Marie argued in Megan's defense.

"It's not that bad, Kyla. I did it last year after Landon. And I tell you, it was fun," Coleen encouraged lightly, looking at me with slight sympathy.

"We are talking about you four. I'm not like that. Hell, I've never approached a stranger unless it is necessary like the sales lady at Macy's," I pitifully argued again, feeling my defeat was near.

"Once, just once Kyla. Do it. You need it," Megan affirmed deadly.

"Fine! I will. God damn you women. If I didn't love you..." I grumbled under my breath before getting out of the booth.

I stood up and face my friends, straightening out my slightly wrinkled red dress. The girls simultaneously smiled and gave thumbs up in approval. In my nude Marc Jacob's wedge, I turned and strutted across the room. My heart was pounding in my eardrum, making me more nervous than I opt to be.

Reaching the pool table, it was then they've noticed my arrival. All three looked up at me in surprise. I deemed their appearance. And by the looks of it, I was out of my league here. What were my friends thinking? Obviously, they weren't.

Finally one of them spoke. A flirty smile was already in place. Typical.

"Hi sweetheart, is there something we can do for you?" the guy who was smiling asked. In the dark ambiance of the bar, it was difficult to make out the rest of his facial feature. However, I noted his blond hair and couldn't deny he was attractive like the rest of his friends.