Leaving

In.

Out. 

In.

Ou

"You have been summoned to the Lady's chambers."

Amara had been meditating after a gruesome lesson, where she had been tasked to swim; and although that was always a pleasure, what she had not enjoyed, however, were the 'hostiles' swimming after her. Destroying her enemies under water was not easy, and not worth a simple nod when she resurfaced. She had foolishly hoped for more than that. To be frank, her role in Lady Talia's bigger picture was what got her through half her assignments. Those jaded eyes kept her going through the pleasant, horrifying and in between moments that made up her existence.

"Thank—" Amara glanced back to no one, they had already left.

Foolish girl, the league waits for no one.

Amara hurried down the cold hallways to the Lady's chambers, all the while keeping her head down and her panic hidden.

Oh, I do hope the Lady is not disappointed. I completed all my assignments for the day and always meditate at night, so it cannot be a punishment for wasting time... Or what if she knew about the head chef allowing her to sample her son's birthday biryani?! What if the head chef was already dead for that!? Oh I hope not, he was a kind man in a fortress where everyone was her enemy.

Alas, she had reached the chamber doors and knocked, silencing her thoughts and perfecting her mask.

"Enter."

With a quiet exhale Amara pushed open the door enough to allow her to slip in before closing it behind her. She then proceeded to bow and address the Lady with  respect.

"You summoned me, Lady Talia."

Talia regarded the young girl in front of her with a cold facade. The girl was now 6 and was more skilled than half of her league. She was becoming the perfect right hand. 

A perfect right hand for my son when he will have everything at his fingertips; with her at his side nothing will stand in his way.

"Yes, I wanted to notify you on the next part of your training. You will find means to  find a man named Slade Wilson, better known as Deathstroke. Tell him you have come for the training I discussed with him. You will stay with him for a month, return and train with Shiva for a month. You will continuously switch between both."

...what? Jump City? Leave the compound? Myself? For...the infamous Deathstroke...

Then... Lady Shiva... Amara hoped her Lady could not see her shiver at the name that reminded her of David Cain, the instructor she was introduced to the day she turned 5.

"As you wish Lady Talia, may I be so bold as to ask when I depart?" He cannot be worse than Cain, and she could only hope Shiva did not end her.

"Now in fact. You have a month to find the man with nothing but the clothes on your back, your knife, and your head. Eat something and leave."

I wish I had not bested Cain in our final battle.

I bowed slightly while putting my right fist above my heart, I turned and slipped out just as quietly as I had come in heading towards the kitchen before leaving.

I must get off Nanda Parbat and find a computer. The man loves money, all  I have to do is find his last hit, the wire transfer, and his location. Why do I need a month?

How she wishes she never asked herself that.

So this might be a little confusing but the flashbacks are not going to be in order, they're going to explain Amara's decisions and actions according to the chapters. Sometimes flashbacks might flow together but other times I'll be jumping around her past to explain her present. *Pauses* Hey that's pretty clever! jumping around her past to explain her present.

On a side note... 2 updates without a couple months of break in between! I must not be swamped in school work!

Oh who am I kidding I have 3 unit tests for almost all of my course on the same day next week... I'm most definitely swamped :(

Till next time, Cactus