The journey begins

The sun was rising over the horizon, the light of it stinging your eyes causing you to groan and wake up. You sigh and you sit up and rub your eyes, then realizing Jasper's massive hand was still on your back. "Good morning." You look up at Jasper with a sleepy smile. Jasper watched you get up, raising an eyebrow at what you said to her. "What?" She didn't quite understand the ways of humans as she was not of this world and haven't been on this planet for long. "Oh, It's what we say to each other when we wake up." You stretch your arms and your back while Jasper stood up and responds to your statement. "Oh, well...good morning, (y/n)."

You smile at her and your stomach starts to make a rumbling sound, placing your hand on your stomach as Jasper flinched hearing the sound. "What is that noise?! Is there something nearby?" She looked around cautiously as you giggle a bit. "Hey, easy, it's just my tummy. It means i'm getting hungry. We should find something to eat." You say as you start walking into the woods. "Gems don't need to eat..." You hear Jasper mumble to herself. So that's what she was, a gem. That would explain the stone on her nose. You then stop in your tracks as you spotted an apple tree, it's fruit seemed nice and ripe and just the sight of it made you hungrier. You leap up to grab the nearest branch, your legs dangling as you held on with your hands. You attempted to pull yourself up to climb, but no luck as you couldn't even get your leg up. Jasper was watching from the side watching you struggle until she marched over and grabbed you on the sides.

"Hey! What are you- Oh!" You exclaim as you were lifted up and placed onto the branch, allowing easier access. You thank Jasper and she nods in response. You look around the branches of the tree, bright green leaves as far as the eye can see with bright red apples sprouting everywhere. You crawl and climb across the branches to pick the best looking fruit, inspecting for worms or bruises before taking them off the stem. Meanwhile Jasper was watching you climb across the branches from the ground and being lost in her thoughts. This human she came across fascinated her, she never knew humans could be any weaker, and here they were, living without a home and no protection at all. As little she cared about earth, let alone it's inhabitants, Jasper felt a strange feeling come across her. She didn't want the human to die all on it's own. It was so small, so helpless, yet so courageous and daring. She wanted to go back to homeworld, but not before getting this human somewhere safe.

"Jasper, heads up!" Jasper's thoughts were interrupted with a whack to the head by an apple, catching it in her hand. She groaned rubbing her head as she looked up at you. "(y/n), what are you doing?" You were climbing down with your coat pockets having big lumps due to being full of apples. "Sorry, I was just gathering some food, should be enough for a few days." You were about to drop down but jasper grips your coat with her free hand and sets you down. "Thanks Jasper." You lean against the tree, pulling an apple out of your coat pocket and taking a bite out of it. Jasper seemed mesmerized on how you were eating and lifted her apple up to her face. She gave the apple a sniff before biting into it, her eyes getting wide as she enjoyed the taste of the apple before swallowing it. "Tastes good huh?" You smile as you watch Jasper eat and she nods in response. Soon as you ate your apple down to the core, you toss it to the ground while Jasper just about ate hers whole. "Well, we should go, we got a crazy journey ahead of us."

The two of you set on your adventure, trekking across fields and mountains as Jasper would usually walk behind you, but would sometimes lift you up on her shoulders if you got tired, getting a face full of beige hair. It seemed coarse and rough from a distance, but when your skin made contact, it felt very soft, like petting a cat. So a ride on Jaspers shoulders was always fun. Occasionally, the two of you would make a stop to sit and relax or just simply talk. As you and Jasper were just walking one day, you came across a passing train. Jasper ran over to it and picked you up off the ground. "H-Hey! Jas-" You were interrupted by Jasper tossing you into the boxcar, landing on a pile of hay, she immediately jumped inside soon as you were settled. "Wow, how'd you do that?"

"Comes naturally, (y/n), I was made to be a warrior." Jasper bragged as she sat down beside you. Anything you learned from being around her, she was quite a bragger. The two of you sit in silence as you saw twilight rising over the horizon, the sun going down turning the sky in shades of dark blue. "Beautiful isn't it?" You break the silence, looking up at Jasper. Jasper was silent, staring out at the setting sun, she was awestruck by the beautiful sight about the sunset. Everything she saw on this planet so far was so beautiful and alive, she almost never wants to leave. "It's....nice." She responded flatly. You look up at Jasper with concern. "Is something wrong?" Jasper only sighed and looked away from you. "Jasper talk to me, tell me how you feel." You say with worry in your voice as you put your hand on her huge one. Emotions weren't exactly a thing in gems, they were bred to serve and fight, not have feelings, so it was all new to Jasper. She sighed and gripped your hand gently, staring out into the distance. "This planet...It's so wonderful, so alive...I don't know if I ever want to leave."

"But...it's where you belong, isn't it?" You say to her as you lean in and hug her massive arm that was as wide as your body. "But if I leave, who will protect you?" Jasper looked down at you with a sense of worry. "But, won't you always protect me?" You stood up as you let go of her arm. "I mean, theres so much out there to see, we've only seen only a small grain in this desert." You stand by the opening of the boxcar as Jasper gets up and stands beside you. "You don't have to leave if you don't want to. We'll be together forever won't we?" You smile taking hold of Jaspers hand. Jasper's face became darker orange at your statement. Together? With a human? To homeworld it was definitely a traitorous move, but Jasper cared about the small human, and she agreed. "Of course, I'll never leave your side." She smiled as she got on one knee to pat you on the head. You lit up once you heard it and leapt over to Jasper to give her a hug. Given the kind gesture, she hugged back. "My very own gem guardian." You say happily as jasper clung to you. "Gem guardian...I like the sound of that."