Chapter 19: Sharing

Start from the beginning

Keira rolled her eyes. 'Learn some manners!'

He grinned and swallowed before answering this time. 'I'm sorry,' he said with his best impression of puppy eyes.

Her heart started to race and she could feel her stomach stir, those eyes got to her every time. The sneaky smile that was playing on his lips didn't help either, so she tried to focus on her cake but her eyes kept wandering to his face.

'Really, the cake is good though. I wish I could make this, I normally end up with eggs on the ceiling or something when I try,' he said disappointingly. He tried to scoop up the last crumbs, but they kept falling of his fork. In the end he just licked the plate.

'You really don't have any manners, do you?' she remarked when Sebastian was licking his plate enthusiastically.

He lowered the plate. 'Well, I blame my parents,' he smirked.

'Do you always blame someone else?' she raised her eyebrows.

'All racing-,' he began and his cheeks turned red, 'all men do!' he corrected himself. He looked like he almost gave something away that he shouldn't have. He tugged on the buttons of his shirt, showing even more perfect skin.

'And that's why I've decided to not have any men in my life anymore,' she answered with determination in her eyes.

He looked confused. 'You are a lesbian now?'

She laughed and tossed her hair over her shoulders. 'No, not really. Although I can always try.'

'But you do have a boyfriend, so I don't understand?'

Keira sighed and her shoulders drooped when she heard the question. 'Not anymore.'

He shifted in his seat and his eyes had lit up a little. 'Why?'

'For reasons,' she answered not wanting to go into detail about it.

'Well, I'm sorry then. Is that why you came back?' he sounded interested and he rested his arm on the table.

'Sort of, there were a few things that led me back here. Not that it matters anymore, because I like it here,' that was completely true she thought, 'and it offers the chance to look for a place to live in London without any stress.'

His eyes looked somehow less blue and he bit his lip. 'So, you are going back then?'

'Yes, that's the plan. I don't know when yet, I first have to find a house and a job,' she still hadn't made any progress with that. She had spent hours searching the internet for places to live, but she still couldn't commit to something. What if it was the wrong thing? She also had send out a couple of resumes, but hadn't heard anything back yet.

Sebastian slumped back in his chair and his smile faded. 'That's a pity, I like hanging out with you.'

'I like hanging out with you too!' she patted him on the arm. 'We can always call though?' she smiled and she could see a slight smile starting to appear again. Her fingers still tingled from when she had touched his arm, she had not intended to do that.

'Promise?' he tried to pout and held out his pink.

She chuckled and held out her own pink. 'Pinky promise!'

'How old are we again?' he grinned and they both locked eyes.

'I don't even know how old you are, so I can't answer!' she chuckled.

'If you want to know, just turned 25. From now on I'll only get old,' he sulked. He wrapped his hands around the empty coffee mug and his eyes glazed over.