Epilogue - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Gage sighs, "We wait until they wake up."

"That's it?!" Dexter demands angrily, "We fucking wait."

"There are-..."

And then I was gone.

.

I was back in a comfortable bed when I slowly began to gain conciousness. And unlike before, waking up wasn't painful. It wasn't a task that had me wishing I was completely numb. No, this was good and I felt so damn comfortable. I exhale slowly and open my eyes, trying to focus my eyes to the bright ceiling. Licking my lips, I blink a couple times before Will appears over me, lips moving as he brushed my hair. Huh, that only made me want to go back to sleep.

I sigh slowly and turn my head away, looking around the room. Aaron sat on my other side, Cody with Michael and Ollie and Peter. Dexter and August were on another bed, and I finally see Lane, who was out cold on the bed beside mine. I turn back to my mate and close my eyes, letting out another exhale. I felt so good I could take another nap.

"Hey, hey. Milo. Keep your eyes open, okay?" Will says, touching my shoulder. His fingers brush my neck and I feel a tremble rush through me before I slowly tilt my head, exposing my neck with a soft breath. Maybe he would give me my dose. I wanted another dose.

The feeling of his fingers pausing makes me sink back under the wave of calm that had settled over me and it wasn't long before I was completely gone.

Again.

.

The heavy feeling of eyes on me pricks my skin- again- and I lick my lips with an exhale as I try to form a single sentence, "Why are you looking at me?" I murmur, clearing my throat a little at the small rasp that followed. The feeling continues and I manage to open my eyes, being met with Will's face only inches from mine. I raise an eyebrow in question when he still doesn't say anything. Will gives me his signature grunt before I sigh, "What time is it?"

"Two" he says dismissively, eyes trailing over my face once again. A part of me wanted to stand up and check the time, get something to eat, but a greater part of me wanted to scoot closer and get warm once again. I did the latter. Will doesn't complain as I move closer to him and even goes as far as placing his hand on my side. "You slept over a day and a half, Milo."

I close my eyes with a snort, "Would you believe me if I say I could go for another nap?"

"This was not a nap" Will snaps at me and it takes me way longer than it should have to see he was not in a joking mood. His eyes were trained on me, brows furrowed in a scowl, but even then I knew he had been worried. It... made me feel warm at that. "Why didn't you tell me it was this bad."

I roll my eyes as I let my head drop and sigh softly. "It's not that big of a deal. Yeah, I'm drugged as fuck- big deal, there's more important things to worry about. Like finding a way to get me off it. Proba-"

"There's no way" Will interrupts which makes me turn to him in confusion. His face pinches even more and I move back to completely study his face. I say his name, question it because what the fuck was he talking about? His eyes flick back to me after a while and stay trained on me, "Gage says there's no way."

I sit up, the sound of my bones popping filling up the room as I moved. I felt exhausted and just the effort of sitting up made me want to sink back against Will for a couple more hours, "He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about."

"He-"

"There has to be a fucking way, Will. Where the hell is h-"

"What are you going to do?" Will demands, sitting up right after me as I struggle to take control of my legs.