Chapter 6 - Rogue Betas

Fragments

Chapter 6 - Rogue Betas

.

"You're okay, Milo?" a voice asks and I blink in surprise, clearing my throat as I turn away from where I had been looking at.  Aaron looked a little worried and I roll my eyes while sitting back on my chair with a sigh.

"Golden" I mutter and sit up when he doesn't stop staring at me. He still didn't turn away from me as I stretched my arms, sighing when the muscles popped. "Why does everyone keep asking if I'm okay? I'm fine."

"You're mate deprived. Tell me you're not fine with that. Your wolf-" I snort and shake my head, "I'm serious here!"

"I'm fine, Aaron. Having him safe is all I care about right now. Besides..." I pause and shrug slowly, "I'm making progress."

It's his time to snort and I turn my glare to him, "Progress. He barely shares a word with you! Tell me you've shared a whole sentence with him and I'll shut the hell up. Tell me he's actually thought about your mating."

"I have spoken to him" I grit out, trying not to let humiliation hit me. God, I couldn't even talk to my mate, could I? "He came to me, as a matter of fact. In here. I talked to him so you can back off. Besides, I wouldn't want to talk about mating if I'd been through that either. He was-... Fuck, Aaron. How could that fucking happen to them?"

Aaron winces and turns away at the reminder. He sits back on the couch and runs his fingers through his hair. "At least you killed the son of a bitch" he murmurs after a while.

I study his face and feel my shoulders drop a little. We hadn't really talked about that fact that Richard had been their... father. Personally, I didn't know how to even start talking about it but Aaron seemed determined to forget it. I clear my throat, "Aaron, about him... you know-"

"I don't want to talk about it" he cuts me off, his voice dull. He doesn't fully look at me as he turns and trails his eyes along my desk, "So what have you found about the man that wants Will?" he asks instead.

A heavy sigh leaves my lips as I rub my face before turning on the screen and opening a file. Aaron was to the side and couldn't really see Will on my screen before I turn the screen to him and point with my chin, "These are all of the contacts that were listed from the computer Ollie hacked," I scrolled down, "At least a third of them are from out of the state and an eighth are from out of the country. Most of the list are wolves with no packs and stay on the move. Besides, there are no dates so I have no clue who just went for the night or wanted someone. Tell me where to start because I have no fucking clue."

"What about the Alphas Cody identified? Wouldn't those help-"

"Because they would outwardly claim to have bought a person" I say, sarcasm inevitably rolling in the words.

"It's a good enough start. Haven't you thought that maybe Will knows who the fuck wants him?" he retorts, making me blink in surprise and turn to him. He sits back as if realizing he said that and sends me a small grin, "I think we just found out where to start" he states.

I roll my eyes and sit back while trying to calm my sudden nervousness. "Because he totally likes me being around him let alone asking him about him. I'm sure he'd rather gut me."

"Cody can ask him" he states with an expasered sigh. He studies me a while before sitting up when I sigh with a nod. It was worth a shot- not including the fact that it was the only lead we currently had. Aaron leads the way as we make our way out of my office- not before I hurriedly log out of my computer- before we make our way down the hall. To our luck, we find Cody heading our way as we approach the kitchen.