Birth is Terrifying

Start from the beginning

When I was younger I started learning different kinds of styles to protect myself because, well, the world's not always a safe place. My parents approved, and I got to take many classes. I also learned how to sing, dance, and play the koto. My mother loved the koto and would have me learn it, so I could play and sing for her.

Anyway as always on Saturday, I went to the cafe to work. I dressed up as Hibari Kyoya from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, saying the catchphrase kamikorosu. As always, customers came in and out. Regulars and coworkers talking to me. When I finished my work, I walked to the apartment as it was just a ten minute walk.

I stopped at a red light on the sidewalk, when I saw a Kaito running across the sidewalk. He was around 8, spiky black hair with doe-like green eyes. He ran across the street without looking for cars. I ran towards him when I saw a car speeding. My body just moved on instinct. I wasn't going to let him die when he's just 8 years old.

I quickly grabbed him and told him to "Hold on to me tightly, Baka!", and "Don't do this again!". The car was driving too fast, and I couldn't move out of the way. So I braced myself for impact. I hoped Kaito would be fine as I blocked the incoming car from him. BEEEEEEEP!!!! CRASH!!!!! And then... all I felt was the pain and my bones breaking. My last thoughts were 'At least Kaito would be safe.' And 'Thank god I made a will.'
*Flashback End*

Yeah, a very cliche ending to my life. Anyway, it was freaking terrifying to be born again. Why couldn't I remember my old life at age 5 or something? Why did I have to remember how I was born? Women, I bow down to you guys. Going through all that pain just to give birth to your kid, and then raising them... You know what? I'll never marry a girl from Naruto, they're too violent. How was I born again?

*Flashback*
...Ba-dum....
'...What's that noise...' I listened to the noise. It was loud and rhythmic.
..ba-dum...ba-dam...
'...What happened...I thought I died...why can't I see...' I tried to move around, and kicked something.
..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum..ba-dum...
'...sigh..For now let's just rest for a while...and then try to find out what happened to me...Zzzzzzz'

An infinite amount of time passes.

When I woke up, I tried to open my eyes, but all I could see was darkness around me. Now that I'm more alert, I can observe my surroundings. It feels like being inside a warm bubble of water. I don't know how long I stared at the darkness. But I thought that I would at least see my parents in the afterlife. Now, I feel kinda bored, so I'm going to take another nap.

Actually... I wonder how long I've been here. When I woke up, I sensed another body beside me. After a few ideas and possibilities, I concluded that I was reborn. The warm feeling around me, somebody next to me, and how long I've been sleeping, it all relates to be a fetus. Though I have no idea how a fetus like me could have enough brain power to even think. And I probably have a twin.

Suddenly I felt myself moving towards the light and being squeezed. It was an unpleasant feeling, everything crushing you to get you out of the tight space. It took a few minutes, but felt like hours. I cried out as I was squeezed out. Someone grabbed on to me and gently helped me out.

"Waah!," I cried quietly. It seems like I was a quite baby. The word outside was different from being inside the womb. Why couldn't I have been one of those people who don't remember their birth?

'Cold...tired...and freaking loud' was what could of been describe how the world outside the womb was when I came out. I tried to open my eyes, but it was too bleary. I felt strong but gentle hands around me, cradling me. Those hands passed me to another pair of hands that washed me in warm water. Then the nurse (at least I thought it was a nurse) dried me and put me in a diaper. She passed me to another person who wrapped me in a warm blanket and gave me a bottle. I faintly heard gibberish due to my infant ears, which sounded like Japanese, but I was too tired to listen to it all.

"WAAHHH!" A loud and shrill cry startled me. I tried to lift my head. But my motor skills weren't working. 'That's one loud baby. Is that my twin? Hope they are be quieter when we get out of the hospital.' I thought and hope indefinitely that I would at least get some quiet time when we go home. And I was handed to another pair hands again. The smell of sakura and jasmine tea invaded my nose. The woman,(only a woman has a scent like that) held me closer to her bosom and gently brushed my hair. This is probably my new mother.

I still love my old family, but 5 years alone made me stoic on the outside.

"Kimi wa Haruno Yoru." A tired female voice said. 'Haruno Yoru...That's a nice name...But where did I hear Haruno from?' Suddenly I was given to another pair of hands. But they felt stronger, more solid than soft. The smell of old books and jasmine tea surrounded me. This person held me gently as if they were afraid of crushing me. He is probably my new father. I could feel the amazement coming off of him in waves.

Then I heard another cry from the other baby who's probably my twin. I paid attention to my new mother. "Kimi wa Haruno Sakura..." the voice sounded even more tired now. I focus on that name.

Haruno Sakura? Where did I...Wait...Haruno SAKURA! Suddenly it started to click.

I was reborn in Naruto. Either that or I was reborn to a pair of Hardcore Naruto Fans. Sigh. Why am I Sakura's brother? Wait! Am I still a boy? I'm pretty sure she named me Yoru, a male name. Sigh. Thank god. But back to the point. Sure she turned cooler later on, but do I really have to live with her being Sasuke's fangirl? She will keep talking about him, and shrieking like a dying banshee. Anyone would be better...actually never mind.

Screw that thought. I can't imagine myself as Sasuke's or Naruto's brother either. I guess Sakura would be a bit, a tiny bit better than them. I think I can change her personality, so it won't be too bad. I hope I don't have pink hair. Damn, I'm gonna need a mirror soon.

I was interrupted by arms that took me away from the warmth that I had been going closer too.

I was lifted from my father's arms and taken to the place where newborn babies stay for at least a night to make sure there not any abnormalities/problems about infants. The nurse put me in a bed and my twin in another. Then she turned off the lights. I yawned and wondered about what I should do. I probably have no choice but to be a shinobi. Better to learn and prepare for the job, than be unprepared and dead before you start. Yawning, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

And I have to make sure I don't mess up too much of the plot.

The next day

I woke up to the movement of my new father carrying me out of the hospital. The warm humid air splashed across my face. It was very noisy outside, and my new parents took us to their home.

*Flashback Ends*

So, as you can see, being a baby is boring. I can't wait till I can move again. Sigh... Being unable to talk made me mentally talkative...and sleepy... Zzzzzzzz.....

HARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARU

I change a lot of it. My Yoru didn't feel like how I wanted him to be. I feel like he became more like a sociopath. I've been reading too many weird ass fanfics with sociopath characters. I want my character to be level headed. But I guess his personality is a combination of Sawada Nana and Yamamoto Takeshi from Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fuji Shusuke from Prince of Tennis. The calm, air-headed, but protective, possessive, and sadistic personality. As for why he isn't rejecting the idea of being reborn much, is because he reads fanfic on reincarnation. Yoru will remember only the important parts of Naruto and the parts that he liked.