Four - I'll Think of a Title for this Chapter Eventually

Hello! We're going along for the ride, seeing as there was no choice at the end of the last chapter. Enjoy!

"Alphys? You in there?" Sans asked, knocking on the door to her lab. After a few seconds it opened, and the small group of three—(Y/N), Papyrus and Sans- made their way inside.

The lab looked a lot like the Anti-Void to (Y/N)—the white tiled floor and white walls certainly resembled what was once Error's safe haven—but the giant monitor and sterile smell were a little unsettling—not that (Y/N) was showing it.

"Oh! Hello! You must be (Y/N)! Here, come with me. We'll need to do a quick SOUL reading before we can get you some new clothes. Oh, and my name is Alphys." Chirped a small yellow lizard-like monster who (Y/N) guessed was Alphys. (Y/N) smiled, and followed after Alphys, who led the little human to another area of the lab.

"Welp, I'm gonna go find myself something to eat. Have fun with Mettaton." Sans said, teleporting off and leaving Papyrus alone with the gift.

Papyrus stood there, before hearing metallic footsteps in the hall. His smile grew.

"Alphys do you ha- uh..." Mettaton said, waltzing into the room, and noticing Papyrus. Mettaton blushed, not expecting his "knight" to be here.

"METTATON! I was hoping you'd be here!" Papyrus said, enveloping the robot in a huge hug. "Oh, and I brought you something!" Papyrus said as he pulled away from the hug and grabbed a small box with glittery pink wrapping paper and a dazzling white ribbon. He handed it to Mettaton.

Mettaton carefully and gently untied the ribbon before peeling off the wrapping paper. Opening the box, Mettaton gasped.

Inside, cushioned by soft, red velvet was a wireless, customized microphone. Down the side of the pink handle were five silver, star-shaped buttons, each one with a different symbol.

"Ever since your last microphone broke, I've been trying to come up with a solution, and with the help of another Papyrus, I managed to do it! I just wanted you to be able to continue being my—I mean, the Underground's shining star! Yes! That's it!" Papyrus stuttered, making Mettaton blush.

"Papy... I don't like it." Mettaton began, trailing off. Papyrus' smile faded. "Was it too much?" He asked dejectedly.

Mettaton hurriedly shook his head before saying, "I don't like it, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Oh! You are just too good for this world!" Mettaton squealed happily as he hugged a blushing Papyrus.

Papyrus looked like he was about to say something, but before the words were even out of his mouth, (Y/N) and Alphys came in.

"Alright. Your soul reading checks out, now let's see about getting you in some more fitting attire." Alphys said as she flipped through pages on a clipboard. She stopped on a page, a look of confusion spreading on her face.

"I... what? This isn't... this is completely unprecedented... just how?" Alphys muttered, puzzling over something.

"Something wrong?" (Y/N) asked, confused.

"Yeah... according to these readings, your body's been emitting a magic signature, but that's impossible..." Alphys explained.

"Something wrong?" Sans said as he teleported back into the lab holding a bottle of ketchup, right behind Alphys, making the yellow lizard squeak in surprise.

Ignoring Alphys' outburst, Sans leaned over, glancing at the sheet over Alphys' shoulder, and immediately did a spit take.

"How is that possible?" He asked, pointing to a piece of data that was completely peripheral to the magic problem. Looking over at (Y/N), Sans looked her up and down before continuing. "You don't even look like you're older than sixteen, let alone twenty-six!"

Papyrus and Mettaton glanced over at (Y/N), and Papyrus noticed that while (Y/N)'s physical appearance looked childish, there was maturity in those (E/C) eyes of hers. Mettaton, seeing (Y/N) for the first time, noticed the locket she was wearing right away.

"What's that?" Mettaton asked, pointing at (Y/N)'s heart-shaped locket. (Y/N) looked to where Mettaton was pointing, remembering what Error had said to her when she got it.

"The spark will let you use magic."

"Oh, this?" (Y/N) said curiously as she grasped her locket, holding it up so the others could see it. "I don't really know where it came from. It was with me when I first appeared, and it let's me use magic from time to time, though I'm not very good at it." (Y/N) explained flawlessly as she rubbed the back of her neck for effect.

Alphys devoured the lie like it was an extra fudgalicious chocolate fudge cake. "Really?" She gasped, her mind running through the implications and possibilities that this new information could have. "C-can I see it? Or run some tests? I'd love to see what you can do!"

(Y/N) blanched. She didn't know how to use the locket, and she certainly didn't want Alphys to examine it! What if Alphys figured out where the necklace was really from? So many possibilities!

Papyrus, noticing (Y/N)'s nervousness, had an idea.

"Actually, I think I may know a guy who can figure this out." Papyrus suggested. "He's not from this AU, but he's very good with magic, and his brother knows a lot of the more technical aspects. I'm sure Bliss can figure out this conundrum!"

Sans appeared shocked. Alphys was intrigued. Mettaton was sure of his—not yet—boyfriend. (Y/N) was conflicted.

On the one hand, this "Bliss" person sounded like a really interesting character, but on the other, if "Bliss" was as good with magic as Papyrus claimed, then the actual origins of the locker could come to light. Then again, (Y/N) remembered Error mentioning something along the lines of "If something happens go to Bliss." (Y/N) had to admit, going to another AU was a really exciting prospect. What should she do?

Comment A if you want to go with Papyrus to meet Bliss, or comment B if you'd rather let Alphys examine the locket. You guys know the rest.
Bye!

-Zaz