One - This Place isn't Safe Now

"(Y/N), I'm back! And I brought a gift!"

"Error! You brought a gift?"

"I was feeling generous, okay?" Said a short skeleton dressed in a fluffy coat, covered in the word, "Error." While others might be put off by his colorful appearance, it did not faze (Y/N), who greeted Error with a hug.

"You mean you got dunked on." (Y/N) teased as she took the parcel.

Error scowled. He hadn't been able to destroy any AUs recently. Having his ass handed to him on multiple occasions, Error had been bringing back gifts for (Y/N), the only person who didn't hate him.

As (Y/N) opened the parcel, Error explained how he had just been out looking for a gift, when he was attacked, getting his butt kicked in the process.

"...I'm just glad I managed to get the gift to you intact." Error finished as (Y/N) examined the gift. She gasped.

"Is this... is this what I think it is?"

"If you think it's a locket, then yes, yes it is." Error deadpanned as he helped (Y/N) put it on. It was a golden locket, shaped like a heart, with a little window on the front. Inside, a small spark sat, flickering from color to color.

"The spark will let you use magic. I hope you like it. You have no idea the trouble I had to go through to get this." Error explained. "Bliss can be really hard to find sometimes..." the glitchy skeleton muttered under his breath.

"I love it. It shows how much you care, since this obviously wasn't store-bought. Thanks, Error." (Y/N) said, hugging Error.

Error hugged back, then froze, lifting (Y/N) up with his strings. "We're not alone." He said, suspending (Y/N) up above him. She froze, alert.

Then, out of nowhere, the beam from a Gaster Blaster shot towards Error, causing his HP to drop sharply. (Y/N) bit her lip to hold back a gasp.

Error opened a portal, and lowered (Y/N) down, when another Gaster Blaster appeared in the distance.

"Go." (Y/N) whispered.

"But what about you?" Error replied.

"Just go. You're hurt, and you need to heal. I'll distract them."

"But-"

"Error. Please. Just go. You can come back for me once you've healed. Please." (Y/N)'s argument was so convincing, and Error didn't have anymore time to argue. Without a word, he entered the portal, closing it behind him as (Y/N) ran towards the Gaster Blaster.

She quickly realized that running straight at a hovering skull ready to fire wasn't the smartest idea; however, it was too late to get out of the way. (Y/N) froze in place, putting her arms up to hopefully block the oncoming blast.

But nothing happened.

Slowly, (Y/N) opened her eyes, and lowered her arms, yet remained tense. The skeletons who stood before her looked like alternate versions of Error, but (Y/N) recognized them as the many Sanses of the AUs Error had described to her.

"Hey there. You wouldn't mind explaining what you're doing here in the Anti-Void, would you?" One of them asked. (Y/N) could tell this was Classic!Sans.

"I've got a better idea. Why don't you explain why you tried to hit me?" She demanded, relaxing a little. The group of skeletons before her obviously didn't know she knew Error.

"We didn't know you were here. We're looking for another skeleton." Replied a skeleton brandishing a large paintbrush. (Y/N) recognized him as Ink!Sans.

"Well, you're the first other living beings I've seen in a long time, as far back as I can remember, in fact." (Y/N) lied.

The skeletons standing before her seemed to regard (Y/N) with suspicion before huddling together to discuss their next course of action. Fortunately for (Y/N), her big, innocent (E/C) eyes, feminine appearance, and her soft, almost glimmering (H/C) hair gave her a pleasingly innocent appearance which the skeletons apparently fell for.

In the huddle, the skeletons whispered to one another, trying to decide their next course of action. Ink and Blueberry sympathized, feeling as though they should find this girl a home; Fell was intent on continuing the hunt for Error and forgetting about this girl. Blueberry countered by saying that Error was long gone and the girl could be useful some other way. After a few more arguments were raised, the group put it to a vote, with Ink, Blueberry, and Sans, in favor of taking this girl in, Fell against, and UB supporting neither side.

The whole time the skeletons were arguing, (Y/N) just stood there, unsure what to do next.

"Okay. We've reached a decision, uh..." Sans said, reaching out a hand as he realized he didn't even know this girl's name.

"(Y/N)." (Y/N) said, sounding more confident than she actually felt.

"(Y/N)? That's a pretty name." Blueberry said, making (Y/N) smile.

"Well, (Y/N), we've reached a decision. We'd be happy to take you in. After all, it must be lonely here." Sans said, again reaching out his hand.

(Y/N) considered her options. On the one hand, accepting their offer meant putting herself in danger since she was aligned with Error, and because she didn't know these skeletons the same way she knew Error. On the other hand, she had always wanted to see the worlds that Error had described, and since Error, the person who usually provided for her, was currently incapacitated, accepting the offer could mean food and shelter until Error returned.

And maybe if I take the offer, I can help them see that Error has changed.

"Well?" Fell asked, getting impatient.

"I've reached a decision. I will..."

Nope. Not a cliffhanger.

This is when you vote on which path you take. Majority vote wins, and the next chapter will be the result of that choice.

So, here are the choices:

A) Go with Sans while waiting for Error
B) Stay and wait for Error

Just comment down the letter of your choice, and then we'll see what happens.