Chapter II

I was staring at his face, trying to hide how proud I was of that punch.

I need to remember to write this to my diary :

Second thing in the world that I enjoy the most:  To slap Jeremy Cox across his tupid face

"What the hell do you thing you are doing, Forbes??! " he yelled at me, his red face with a furious look in his eyes. I couldn´t take off that proud grin off my face. I snaped back to reality and thought about what to do. I mean...I can´t work with a guy that I hate more than the fact that I´m not married to Ryan Gosling and we don´t have a perfect house with a dog and two kids, right?

"Karma must be really kidding me." I sighed.

"I CAN´T WORK WITH YOU!"  I yelled at Jeremy with a death glare.

"AND YOU THINK THAT I CAN WORK WITH YOU?!" He answered even more furiously than before.

"You know what? Just get out of here, Jeremy! I don´t want you to be here. I don´t want to see your stupid face again because than I need to think how Dylan treated me and left me and called off our wedding because of something that never happened. I hate you! Go! Vogue will definatelly take you and your stupid label!" I said raising my voice feeling a little bit pained by the memories that his face brings.

He sighed and leaned further to the back of armchair he was sitting in.

"I wish there would be any possibility, Forbes. Belive me, I hate you as much as you hate me, because no matter what you say, you destroyed Dylan back then with your slutty cheating and it took him a lot of time to recover. But my father already signed the contract for this work that Bazaar and our label should do and I can´t let him down." For a moment it felt like he was sincere and actually it was bearable to listen to him.

Jeremy Cox caring about what his father thinks? Wait! Jeremy Cox caring about anyone else than himself?

"So can you just send me someone else who could do your job? Cause as I remember you are easy to be replaced." His stupid smirk appeared on his face and he was back to be that f****** jerk that he is.

My anger was boiling inside of me and I had an urge to slap him once again. Or maybe even twice. Oh, I would love that.

"I am a creative director, idiot. I can´t be replaced. There is only one creative director in this magazine which means that ony I can do this job and all the work with Richar Cox designs." I said facepalming myself at how stupid this jerk was.

"OK! Whatever. Just don´t talk to me. I will have my secretary with you all the time and she is gonna message me all the informations." he said as he stoop up from the armchair and made his way to the door. I handed him my bussines card with my phone number. "Give this to your secretary." I simply said with disgusted look as my hand reached him. He sended me the same look of disgust and took it. "Never see you again, Forbes!" he said with laughter and left to leave me standing alone in the room.

My biggest deal I ever had at this job and it must be him. Why?

                                                                                   *   *   *

"Jeremy? Oh hell no! Where is that idiot, let me slap that m*********** hard!" Jo yelled when I tod her "the news" over the lunch.

"He is gone, I hope that for good." I said, feeling defeated.

"Wait so you´re not going to work together? You can´t take your hands off this deal can you?" Jo said concerned.

"Well technically we´re not going to work together. I am gonna work with his secretary that is going to tell him all of the informations. And I am also going to work with his father, who is told to be a very nice man. So I really hope it will work out." I said as I ate my salad.

"Do you actually think that it will work, Kar? I mean in this industry, especially when we do this kind of colaboration, it is almost impossible for you and that idiot to not see each other." she said sadly.

She was right. I looked at her and sighed.

"Can you move in with me like...today, Jo? I already missed you for so long when you were in Buenos Aires and I think I will need you even more rigth now." I asked already desperate without her. She was just best bestfriend I could ever ask for.

"My apartment things are already packed, I was just waiting for you to ask." she grinned like a fool and I finally felt a little bit happier than before.

I heard my phone ringing and it was Aiden. "Aiden is calling!" I half-shouted at Jo and turned him on a speaker.

"Hey, Aideeeeen! We miss you!" I said as Jo nodded her head.

"Yes when are you coming back?" Jo asked him.

"No tears, girls! I am at JFK aready, we finished the protest earlier, they weren´t able to get us away so they agreed on our terms." Aiden said happily as he was talking about another one of his Greenpeace protests.

"That´s great Aiden!" we both said, enthusiams filling our voices. Both me an Jo were aways happy about Aiden doing this and making his dreams come true.

"Are you gonna join us this evening at that cocktail party I texted you about?" I asked him.

"Yes of yourse, plus my agent said I need to be there. So meet you there? I am crazily jet lagged, I am gonna go home and have some sleep before the party." he said with a tired sigh.

"Ok, sure! Have some sleep and we will see you there!" I said excited about the evening.

"Good night...or day...or whatever!" Jo laughted.

"Yeah, thanks, see you both. I missed you girls." he said before hanging up.

Jo looked at me with mischievous grin.

"I think this evening will make you feel way better than you are feeling right now." she said and continued to chew her panini with cheese.

"I hope you are right." I said quietly as I saw all the flash-backs of me and Dylan and of me and Jeremy actually being friends back then.

Time has changed a lot since than.