BGF Adventures #9: Longest Phone Call

Did karman really just hang up on us? So I guess it just leaves me and Bradley? Nope, not happening. "Bradley I gotta go, I'll see you later I guess". Just as I was about to press the end call button, "Wait!" Bradley said in an urgent voice. "I really would like to talk to you, just you and me". He sounded really desperate and there are something's we need to sort out. "Fine, what is it?"

"Ok, Allison, I still have feelings for you and for some reason they just won't go away and I really have to know, do you have feelings for me too?"

Honestly I do, but it doesn't matter, I am not going to hurt Karman, not anymore. "No, I'm sorry", I told him. There was a silence. "Goodbye Bradley". Before I could hang up once more he interfered, "Can we still talk as friends, if that's ok".

"No, I don't think that's a good idea".

"Why because your afraid your gonna fall back in love with me"? Of course he wasn't serious when he said that, but still I replied to it, "I was never in love with you to begin with", I think I said that a little to seriously because there was a awkward silence.

Finally he broke the awkward silence, "Wow that really hurt, I think I need to go to the hospital!". I giggled, he is so cliche he makes me laugh. " There's that laugh I love to hear", I heard him say. Which made me laugh even more, which eventually led to him laughing, and for a while we just laughed. It made me miss the times when we were dating.

As if we were in sync we both stopped laughing and just let silence take over it was as if we didn't need words. We could feel each other's emotions with every breath we took and every sound we accidentally made. It felt right, like it was meant to be. Yet, why do I feel so bad about it? Maybe the choices I have made in the past were the wrong ones. I should've told Karman about us. She would've probably been over it by now and I would be able to hold Bradley in my arms. But that wasn't the decision I made, I chose to keep it a secret instead of telling her and I regret every second of it. My train of thought stopped once I heard Bradley start to talk.

"Ally, I miss these moments. I believe we can have them again if we just look past hurting Karman. I love you Ally, can't you tell?" He told me he loves me and for the first time I felt that it was real. But that love is a feeling I can't return to him, because of Karman. "Bradley, maybe I am being stupid and saying this but I love you too. Yet I'm sorry to say that this love thing will have to wait another time. Things would probably be a whole lot different if I told Karman about us sooner but that isn't the case." I sighed, "Bradley you don't know how much I want to hold you in my arms and laugh at your cheesy jokes. You don't know how badly I want to kiss you. But I can't because of...."

"Because of Karman, right?" he said like he was irritated. "How are you gonna keep me from someone I love over someone I don't?!" He was breathing uneasy. "I know she is our best friend and all but damn! I love you Allison."

I giggled, him sounding so angry makes me laugh sometimes even if it's a serious situation. "Love someone else", I started, "At least until this thing blows over and everything is back to normal. Just know that I will always be there for you no matter what. Look on the bright side you have Miley, and I have Teddy. We should try to find happiness in other people before we settle down with each other. And if in a time in our lives these feelings are still there than only then would be the right time. Do you understand?" I Waited for his reply. He sighed, "Yes, I understand. Ally how did you get so damn wise?" I giggled, "Goodbye Bradley". I hung up the phone before he had a chance to try to start another conversation. Once I got off I couldn't stop smiling I mean, he told me he loves me!