BGF Adventures #4: ...and Then There's Bad News

I held Karman in my arms as tears blinded her. Bradley was sitting next to us in the corner of Karman's room. Her small, petite body was lifeless as if she were dead, that was what she felt. Bradley moved his body to give her a hug. It seemed like she needed a hug, we all needed one.

The house I walked into was cold and dead, the feeling of death filled every room. Karman was standing in the kitchen with a picture of her grandmother in one hand and a rose in the other. She looked at me, " she wouldn't wake up, I shook her and shook her but she wouldn't wake up." her blank expression frightened me. It was like she was going crazy right in front of me.

Hesitantly, I grabbed her shoulders and whispered to her," it's going to be okay." she didn't say anything back. My hand started to shake and I noticed it wasn't because of me, it was her. Karman was going to explode.

Karman jerked my hand off of her and faced me, her face was red with anger, " it's going to be okay," she started," everything is going to be okay!" she said louder. She walked closer to me and continued yelling, "do you know what it's like losing someone you were close to? To wake up in the mornings knowing that you will never see them laugh ever again. You wont see them smile ever again. You wont see them ever again. Only pictures and faint memories that will disappear with age. So don't lie to me and say that everything will be okay." she fell to the ground and said something calmly and quietly, " because it won't."

Bradley lifted his head up and looked around. "where are the others?" he asked.

"they went to the hospital to confirm what I already knew. I didn't want to go. It would have been to much." she replied. For a few more minutes we just stood there, holding each other.

Karman let go of us and walked to her room without saying anything. Of course, we followed her. We entered her room and we could tell that she had destroyed it. Karman didn't care that we saw it. When ever I came across a pair of underwear, I would kick aside so Bradley wouldn't notice it, sometimes I think he did. Karman sat in a corner and so did we and we did it again, we held each other close, like our lives depended on it. We didn't let go, no one wanted to let go.