The Bet *Against All Odds

Start from the beginning

"Earth to Pie?" Draky says, snapping his fingers a few inches from my face.

"I'm fine," I say sharply than I intended.

"Sorry," he mutters, glancing down.

Heaving a sigh, I say, "No, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I was just in a bad mood."

"I discern," he says quietly.

"I heard that," I scold.

-*-*-*~*-*-*-

~Drake~

I can't help but notice the way Pie act for the past couple of days. She always has this faraway look, like she's haunted or something (I can sense and see it whenever she tutors me).  I'm worried about her. Every time I ask her what's wrong, she always says that she's okay.

I'm not stupid not to distinguish the truth from the lie. And I have a feeling I annoy her every time I ask.

Right.

And I wonder when this voice will leave me alone.

Never.

I thought when I stop the bet? I already cancelled it! Besides, I don't even recall what day it is anymore!

But Sophia doesn't know it, it retorts.

Of course, I snap. Sophia doesn't have an idea about what I did.

To my surprise, it shut up. Nothing- just vanished into a thin air.

"Let's go out," I suggest, before the voice can start talking again.

"Out?" Pie asks.

There's this constant frown on her face lately. And I want to remove it. I want to make her happy. I want to see the smile that's shine her whole face - her smile that brightens even my darkest day.

When did I become melodramatic?

Ever since you admit that you're falling for her.

Thanks, I thought dryly.

You're welcome, it says sarcastically.

Am I really the only one who has a voice inside the head? It's weird and creepy—

And convenient, it chimes in.

Yeah, I admit, Sometimes.

"Yes, out," I reply. "I have an idea to turn your mood upside down."

"Like a date?"

"If you want it to be," I say, a smirk forming on my lips.

She shakes her head quickly. "That's not what I meant!"

"Ah, a date then?" I tease.

"It's not a date!" The blush starts to color her cheeks. Her rosy cheeks.

She's so adorable and cute whenever she blushed. Not that she's already pretty. Well, she's more than pretty. She's beautiful, elegant—

And you're falling head over heels more and more every second.

Yes, I admit.

What's the point of lying to myself? It's kind of ironic how everything turns upside down. My goal was to make her fall in love with me. Now it's the other way around. I can't help but smile at the thought.

I'm not into singing despite people telling me I have a good voice. But for Pie, I will do anything. Parker suggested that I should sing for her. He said it's called Harana in the Philippines and it's a form of wooing a girl. i don't even know why I chose Iris. How can you explain something you don't even understand? At that moment, I sang what I felt; what my heart would say if it can talk.