Chapter One: The Fates Fade

I know what your thinking. Percy, in the army following orders? You've got to be kidding me. Yes, folks, I joined the army I just needed something different for my life and military life is as different as I could get.

Everyone were surprised at my physical ability while training. My quick thinking got us out of a lot of sticky situations. It's been three and a half years now and I've scaled the ranks until I became a staff sergeant of the army. I actually became one earlier than most. Four years is the average time. Being a demigod played a big part in that, but I did work hard for this and maybe I went overboard at times...

Monsters would come occasionally, but I was able to deal with them.

Right now I had taken a leave. So, basically a vacation. I was with my mother for three days, but in that time I've been having dreams about the Fates. Each dream is the same. The Fates always looked exhausted.

"Sister, we are fading. The prophecy is happening," one fate would say to the other.

"Chaos is suspicious. Things are happening according to plan," the other one would say.

Then they would all turn to me.

"Soon, little demigod. Very soon."

Then I'd wake up. The dreams are weird, but they are better then the usual nightmares that left me screaming.

Tonight's dream was pretty much the same. This time, I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I smiled, this would be a good day.

How can it be a good day when they're gone. I closed my eyes. Percy, we are not going there today. I'm going to be with Mom and I'm going to enjoy my stay. I got dressed in a normal t-shirt and jeans. It was kinda weird to wear regular clothes after wearing a uniform for so long.

I walked up to the mirror, scowling at myself. Scars littered my arms. Underneath my shirt was even worse. Most of the scars came from my stay in Tartarus. I saw ribs poking out even from under my shirt. This is why I stick to baggy clothes.

My cheeks thin or gaunt. Tartaras didn't exactly have a five-star buffet.

Before they died my favorite part of me was my eyes. They always shone back at me with life and laughter. They were always bright and expressive. Anger made them swirl like a sea in the storm. Happiness would make them shine brightly. Not anymore. Now they were dull and lifeless. People at the base would talk behind my back of how they looked haunted, like they've seen too much. Like a veteran that. There were all sorts of rumors floating around.

Now, I hated my eye color. They show that I'm weak. They tell people secrets that I don't want them to know. Why can't they look like normal mortals eyes?

"Percy! Breakfast!"

"Coming, Mom!"

I grabbed a fluffy sweater and went the kitchen looking at the feast laid before me. I'm going to throw up. Knowing Mom, she was going to make to make me eat it all. And Paul wasn't here to save me.

Mom glared at me.

"You're going to eat it and you're going to eat it now!" Mom said sternly.

I looked at her in disbelief, gesturing to the whole plate. She nodded.

"Yes, the whole plate."

I nibbled at the bacon and blue pancakes until Mom went out of the kitchen. Then I dumped the rest in the garbage and covered it with paper towels. I smiled innocently as she walked into the kitchen. She just huffed at me and dished her own plate.

"So, how did you sleep?" She said referring to the nightmares.

I look at her before answering.