Theory of Life and Death

| ZONE 3

| September 3, 2020

Kobra Kid woke up feeling happier than he ever had in his life. Pete was lying there, at his side, his arms wrapped around his bare waist. The smell of sex was very faint, and Kobra couldn’t help but smile. This was a reminder that what they had was very real, that it wasn’t some dream.

Kobra placed a kiss onto one of the hickeys he left on Pete’s shoulder and sighed. He really didn’t want to get up, but he did have work to do. Carefully, Kobra worked his way out of Pete’s grasp and grabbed the first pair of clean boxers he found in the drawer next to the bed. He slid on his pants, shirt, and jacket, cursing at the fact that one of the hickeys he had on his neck was in clear view, just like Fun Ghoul’s neck tattoo. Really, though, he didn’t mind… he just knew Missile Kid was going to ask about it, and he’d have to find a way to explain what it was without bringing up sex.

Pete had finally woken up as Kobra combed through his messy blonde locks. He stood up and wrapped his arms around his lover’s waist, not caring that he was still naked or that Ghoul, who happened to be walking by at the moment, had caught a glimpse of his package.

“Are you, um… are you gonna put pants on at some point, Pete?” Kobra asked, turning red.

Pete rolled his eyes and said, “You’re no fun, Kobra.” He let his lover go, put on a pair of boxers, and went right back to holding him. He pressed a kiss onto the back of Kobra’s neck and sighed.

“I used to think that this would never happen to me,” Kobra said, “I never thought anyone would love me enough to just hold me like this, much less fuck me. I believed everyone when they said I’d never be loved… but, you, Pete… you proved them wrong. You proved me wrong.”

Pete had Kobra turn around so they were face to face. “Michael James Way, I’ve loved you for so long. You have no idea how much I’ve longed for this. And now that I have it, I can’t help but think that I’m the luckiest fucker in the world.” He pressed his lips to Kobra’s, letting him know that he meant every word.

“I love you, Mikey.”

“I love you, too, Pete.”

| ZONE 3

| January 4, 2021

Kobra woke up in the area the Killjoys dubbed the infirmary. He felt something warm on his left hand. He turned his head to see Pete, sound asleep. He was grasping Kobra’s hand with his own, and, from the looks of it, had been there the entire time he had been unconscious.

“You’ve been asleep for three days, Kobra.”

Kobra turned his head to the doorway, where Poison stood. He took a seat on the cot and gently pushed some of Kobra’s hair out of his face. “Pete refused to leave your side.”

Kobra could tell. Pete looked like he hadn’t slept until a few short hours ago. He gently squeezed Pete’s hand, letting him know that he was okay.

Poison kissed his brother’s forehead and sighed, “Ghoul thought you took a pretty nasty blow to the head or something. We’re not quite sure, though… does your head hurt or anything?”

Come to think of it, Kobra did feel a headache coming along. He used his free hand to touch the area that hurt the most and, sure enough, there was a bump. Kobra hissed at the pain, though he suspected that, had he been awake three days ago, it would’ve been much worse.

Poison assumed that Ghoul was right and said, “I’ll have Ghoul check to make sure that it’s not too serious. Until then, though, stay here. I really don’t want you getting hurt because of a concussion or something.”