T h r e e

Chapter Three~

Emma briefly left Jay so she could change into her Ilvermorny robes. She headed towards the bathrooms where she could change in privacy. A girl scowled at her and began to whisper something to her friend, who then snickered. Emma looked down to see what they were laughing at. Did I have something on me? Emma thought with a worried expression. She wanted to make friends here, not enemies, so she smiled at them and walked into the bathroom.

She put on her robes; a blue and cranberry color. Jay had said these colors honored two of the founders, Isolt and James: Blue because it was Isolt's favorite color and because she had wished to have been in the Ravenclaw house as a child and cranberry in honor of James's love of cranberry pie. Emma fastened her robes with a gold Gordian Knot, that was in memory of the brooch Isolt had found in the ruins of the original Ilvermorny Cottage. She was amazed at how much Jay had known about the history of Ilvermorny. Emma laughed to herself thinking that she wouldn't have to learn anything by the time she got to the school, for he had told her everything; although there was much more to learn.

She headed back to the compartment, Jay already in his robes.

"We're almost there." He said suddenly, widening his eyes. "Woah!" Emma looked out the window to see what was making him look so amazed. It was the school perched on top of the highest peak in the mountains.

"Wow, that's gorgeous!" She exclaimed taking in the view. As they landed, a golden staircase emerged from the side of the plane cascading down to the snowy mountain. Jay and Emma rushed out of their compartments and found where the other first years were gathering. A young woman was standing near the very entrance of the school, a gentle smile plastered on her face.

"Hello First-Years, I hope you had a wonderful journey. Welcome to Ilvermorny School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am Professor Aries and I will lead you to the dining hall very shortly. There you will be sorted into your Ilvermorny house: Wampus, Thunderbird, Horned Serpent, and Pukwudgie. Further instructions will be shortly." And with that, Professor Aries walked into the Dining Hall, leaving them in silence.

Students glanced at each other unsure what to do. They stared in silence until Professor Aries returned. With a grin she said 'Follow me', and they headed into the hall. As they came in, Emma noticed there were four statues in the room with two staircases that lead up to a platform. Older students watched in silence from the circular balcony as the new students were about to get sorted.

"When I call your name, please step onto the Gordian Knot on the floor in the center of the room. These carved statues will react if they so happen to want you in their house. If the Horned Serpent wants you, the crystal in the carving's forehead glows. As for the Wampus statue, it will roar. The Thunderbird statue will beat it's wings and the Pukwudgie shall raise it's arrow. Although, you may get more than one house that will try and select the same student. It may not be likely, but it has happened quite a few times so if that happens, it is up to you to choose your house." Professor Aries grabbed a list and began to call off the names.

"Ava Beckett." A nervous girl with blonde hair and green eyes walked away from the group and stepped in the center of the room. She took a deep breath and in that moment, one of the statues roared.

"WAMPUS!!!!" The Wampus students roared as Ava walked up the stairs and sat among her fellow classmates.

The next name was called up. "Jackson Burke." Then, a taller boy with raven black hair walked to the center of the room. He had a scowl on his face as he looked at the statues. Then, the statue that reacted flapped it's wings.

"THUNDERBIRD!!!!!!" The Thunderbird students cheered for him as he went to join them. Emma counted who went where. Pukwudgie, Thunderbird, Horned Serpent, Thunderbird, Pukwudgie, Pukwudgie, then Horned Serpent.