first ultrasound

first ultrasound

eth: you and ethan sat in the waiting room, waiting to hear your name. a nurse came out and called your name, you and ethan standing up and following her into a room. you waited a few minutes in silence until the doctor came in.

"hi i'm dr. edwards," a guy in his forties said walking in and shaking your hands as you introduced yourselves. "pleasure to meet you. so how are we feeling today?" he asked as he put on gloves.

you nodded your head, "pretty good, excited and nervous," you said and he smiled.

"well that's normal. i'm going to ask you to pull your shirt up a little bit so i can place this gel on your abdomine. this is just so we can view the baby and i do warn you, it is cold," he said holding up a white bottle. you lifted your shirt just above your abdomen and laid down as he placed the gel on it and grabbed the wand, spreading it around.

"i was wondering, how far a long are we?" you asked and he nodded.

"you're a week away from being eight weeks," he said and you nodded. he rolled over your abdomine looking at the monitor for a few minutes before stopping. "well it's still to early to tell if anything is wrong but so far it looks like your baby is on track," he said while cleaning the gel off your abdomine.

ethan smiled at hearing the news that so far everything seemed alright. "can we get some pictures?" ethan asked and dr. edwards nodded his head, typing some things on his computer.

dr. edwards got up and threw his gloves away, "so you will need to schedule a check up every two weeks. you can do that today and just schedule after every time you come in and see me, alright?" he asked and you agreed. "well here are your pictures, your baby is right here still small but he - or she - is looking great so far. congratulations and i'll see you in two weeks," he said shaking your hands again before leaving.

gray: "alright so any idea how far you two are?" dr. jones asked as she moved the wand around your abdomen. grayson held onto your hand as you looked at the monitor trying to see your baby.

"on the pregnancy test it said four weeks," you said and she nodded.

"yes that it correct," she replied continuing to look at the monitor. "so i am seeing -" she stopped looking closer at the screen, moving the wand.

you furrowed your eyebrows, looking at grayson and then back at dr. jones. "is everything okay?" you asked worried that something was wrong.

she nodded her head, "yes everything is perfect! you have, two babies," she informed you and you smiled.

"twins?" grayson asked and she nodded.

she pointed at the monitor, "this is baby a and there is baby b," she said pointing at the small dark circles. "would you like to take home some pictures?" she asked and you nodded, she continued to clean your abdomine off and then she handed you the pictures. "so you can make an appointment at the front counter, i will need to see you every two weeks. here are your pictures and congratulations!" she said hugging you and grayson before leaving.

you looked at grayson, standing up as he pulled you in for a hug. "twins!" he said kissing you.