Chapter 20

Quick word. Just a huge thanks to cheynicole1975 for being the reason this story is still going on and for putting up with my bullshit. You're the best Chey. Thank you.

"Come on let's go home" Zac said. "I'm not allowed to play football for a couple of days and I'm supposed to rest for at least a week"

"I'll make sure of that" I said as we turned to the door. However, something on one of the canvases caught my eye. It was a small kitty with a pink yarn ball. It wasn't that good but it was discernable nonetheless. I immediately thought of it.

"Can we get a kitten?" I asked Zac.

"Why do you ask me?" his arm was around me and we were walking out  to the hallway. He instinctively let go of me once we were outside class and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. But he was right to do so, I understood that he had his own reasons. I was really great huh?

Though he still needed to tell me them before I lost my shit and hell would break loose.

"Well, it's your house, and it's only proper to ask first."

"I can't believe you" he shook his head. "Evan it's your house too now and you can do as you please"

Awe he thought that of me. He was too precious for a bad looking guy. Honestly what's with the leather pants he's always wearing?

"What if you or Liam had allergies?"

"Makes sense. We don't, though, so you're good"

I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Soooo... We're getting a kitty?"

"We're getting a kitty" he repeated.  I tried so hard not to hug him as to not draw attention from passerby students. Zac actually got a few 'Hey's and nods from a multiple of students that I didn't know. He was too popular yet he was so casual about it. That's one of the many things I liked about him. He was really modest and he cared for all of his friends.

"How did you even get here?" I asked Zac. I still felt guilty about getting his motorcycle taken away from him because of our accident. But if you look in the alleyways of my inside self, you'd find a small part that wasn't so guilty because walking on steady ground is much better. At least we get to talk without shouting over the loud roars of the wind and the loud engine of the bike.

"I had one of dad's friends drive me here. It's not much of a distance anyway"

We fell silent after that. That's until we reached the open road. I felt the words tugging at my throat. Just three words. Say them and you'll get it off your chest. It shouldn't be that hard to admit it. Right? Right. So I said it.

"I am sorry" I apologized for it.

"For what?" he was looking straight forward, kicking pebbles as we walked.

"For getting your bike taken and all. I hope you don't hate me for it" I admitted sheepishly. I didn't want him to remember me through stuff that affected him negatively.

He slid his arm around my frame and tugged me to him, kissing the top of my head in the process.

"You can't do anything that'd make me hate you" he said, still holding me tight. I didn't want him to let me go. "Besides, I can't really drive anything in the meantime" his voice was slightly disappointed in spite of his attempt at sounding unfazed by the whole thing. I still didn't know what the 'whole thing'  was. I made a mental note to ask him later.

Zac//

He was silent. I knew his mind was churning stuff to say. Evan always had something to say even in the worst situations. He could turn a situation from Charlie Chaplin silent movie into a Rap battle. It was his thing and I liked it. Mainly because it felt like it opposed my usually silent persona. Sure I had the charisma, but small talks, or big talks for that matter, weren't my specialty. With Evan it was different.