Chapter 35: Thigh Highs

Začít od začátku

"Do not run to them, do not give her more ammunition than she already has on you," Wynona added.

Talia let out a shaky breath, her eyes watering. "He's the father of my child, I just–"

"It's for them too," Wynona injected. "Cooperate and stick to the plan. Right now she's hurting them to get your attention; do not provoke her or attack anyone there or it is game over. You have to keep a cool no matter how painful it is. Remember this is just as much for them as it is for you. You don't cooperate and she hurts them more."

Evie rubbed Talia's shoulders and gave her a soft smile. "Evan should be by soon with Caden and Lander. Let's all try some things on and make sure you can move around in the meantime?"

"Alright," Talia sighed out. She got up and followed Evie back to a bedroom while I got up and walked back to my old one. I sat on the bed as Dominic zipped to me.

He sat down next to me, his icy blue ice holding mine. "You know she is going to try to screw with you the most, right?"

"I know," I replied warily.

"I just want you to be prepared," he said.

I nodded then looked back at him. "What do you think she'll do?"

"What it takes to get her way," he replied ominously before he nudged me again. "Try and sleep for a few hours. I'll wake you when Evan gets here."

"Ok," I said as Andrea walked in.

I got under the blankets then held them open for her to slide in as Lucas walked into the room. He stood in the middle, eying us and scratching his head. "Can I?"

"Come on," Andrea said as she lifted the covers for Lucas, who slid in next to her.

"Where's Talia?" I asked.

"Playing dress up," Andrea replied as she stared at the wall. "Lucas, have you gotten through to your dad yet?"

"No," he replied quietly. "I can still feel him. I know he's there. Lander can too."

"Me too," I added while I gave Lucas an encouraging smile.

"How's your pack, Andrea?"

"Fine," she sighed out. "Jane has it under control. I talked to Talia, apparently, Isaach's sister Isobel–Cole's mate, was taken too. I guess she tried to go to her brother's when her mate more or less turned to join Aurelia but they stopped her and took her."

"I can't imagine," I said, my stomach churning at the thought of a mate betraying someone like that. "What of their kids. They have three right?"

Andrea nodded. "Cole has one but Issach has three almost grown, two boys and a girl. They're fine, scared, but fine. Talia said that Blair was able to get them out and to the safety of their pack."

I leaned my head against Andrea's shoulder, trying to find sleep that felt like it was clawing me down. Drifting is what I felt like; I felt like I was drifting in the bond as it throbbed.

"Charlotte..." I stirred and my wolf cocked her head. "Sunshine?"

"Ethan!? I called out, my voice sounding like an echo into nothingness. "Oh my God, Ethan?! Baby where are you? Are you ok? Did they hurt you?"

"It's ok, Eli is here," he croaked out.

"What?!" I rushed out as my heart started to beat a wildly in my chest. "Ethan?! Ethan say something? Where are you?!"

Screaming.

I shot up and out of bed as screaming filled the air. Running to the living room, Talia was on her knees and clutching her chest as wails ripped out of her. "No!" I rushed out as I ran to her. "No, no, no, no. Talia?! Talia look at me!" I said while taking her face in my hands.