CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR

Flashback continued

"What is Aris doing in here?" Thomas asked turning towards Teresa. She avoided direct contact with him and turned her face towards Aris instead.

"Aris, I told you to wait for me." she said calmly. Thomas was stunned. How could she ignore him like that.

"Wait. Wait. Wait..." Aris said coming near her and pointing towards Thomas "What are you doing with him at this hour in the night when you are supposed to be with me?"

Thomas was confused. He didn't know what was going on. What was Aris on about?

"Teresa I don't understand! What is Aris saying?!" he had to calm himself.

The snake of jealousy, he could feel it, as it slowly made its way up from the ground to his heart.

"Teresa, love, what is going on here? I think you are making us all confused, please solve this mystery right now and here." Aris said putting an arm around Teresa's shoulders.

"You are right." Teresa answered.

Thomas stared at his arm and the way she looked totally comfortable under his touch. The snake had bitten in his heart.

"Teresa what the hell??!! You disgusting..." He stopped himself as she started laughing.

Thomas still hoped that it was all a joke. A nightmare. But it was obviously true given the fact that Aris came in the room so late in the night.

"Shut up Thomas" Teresa said. It looked to Thomas that she had acid in her blue eyes. Those eyes that he wanted to die in.

Those eyes. He wanted to rip them off.

He tried again to calm himself. It was Teresa he was talking about. Teresa. The girl that was his love just moments ago.

"The truth is that me and Aris are best friends. I want him. Not you Thomas." Teresa said.

"I want you to understand Thomas that I don't hate you or anything, I just used you to make Aris jealous. He was spending too much time away from me. I needed some fun."

Thomas was slowly sinking. He wanted to cry so badly.

"I'm sorry Thomas." Teresa continued looking him in the eyes "I don't love you"

Everything inside Thomas died. She didn't call him Tom, that name that only she was allowed to call him with.

She had destroyed everything.

Everything he ever cared for.

"I don't love you, Tom. I never cared for you"