CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Teresa was scared.

She didn't know how much time had passed since someone had picked her up and put on a bed.

She tried to open her eyes but her body was aching. She wanted to pass out. Just leave it all behind and be in peace.

She could feel the bed on which she was laying, under her. The softness of it.

But the pain. That was unbearable.

She wanted it to end. All of it was too much.

"Thomas where are you?" Teresa said.

"Here I am!"  Teresa jumped as Thomas came from behind the door. Thomas always did this and Teresa always got scared by it. It was a silly thing,  she knew, but it still  was a way to not think about all the stupid things going on around them.

Thomas came towards her smiling and hugged her. "Are you okay?" he asked. She punched him on the shoulder laughing. "You nearly gave me a heart attack, you idiot!" she said, still laughing.

He made such a face and started laughing himself. "You are the only one in the world that I can laugh like this with, Teresa"

"Awww, Tom, the same goes for me" she turned serious then. "In the entire world Tom, for real?"

"Yeah Teresa, of course. For real, you are the only one I will laugh like this with. Always and forever. Just remember this."

I remember it Tom, Teresa thought.

A tear fell from her still closed eyes.

I wish you'd remember it, Tom.