Chapter 6

Chapter 6:Memories

Jake's P.O.V

     I still can get Joanna off my mind... She's sticking to my brain like glue.. I still remember the time when she helped me..

----------

One year before the Outbreak

     I packed my things in a hurry..Joanna's gonna be here in a moment!!  I looked at my watch..I packed the last things in my bag and waited outside..After a while,Joanna's yellow Camaro stopped at my house..She slid down the the front window and shouted, Are you ready??  she asked..I just smiled and got in her car..She drove off to our camping place..

      I finished pitching up the tent..I swatted at the mosquitoes around me..Hey Joanna,why are we in a place full of mosquitoesI asked..

You couldn't ask for a better place Jake! Now stop complaining and look for firewood!  she shouted with a smirk..I sighed..

A while later..

     Even in boy scout campings,I was always the one to get firewood..I said to myself..I was thinking if me and Joanna will share with the tent when I slipped on a wet root..I slid down to the cliff..I was almost to the edge..I stuck out my right hand and I held on..The firewood I've been carrying fell from my arms..Joanna's gonna kill me! I thought..

     Minutes passed,I was shouting for help..My right is already bleeding from holding on the edge..I stuck out my left hand for more support..Good thing I learned rock climbing..I thought..Night was beginning to come..I shouted for help..

An hour later,I felt the edge crumbling..F*ck!! I shouted..The edge was crumbling more and more..I shouted for help one more time..The edge crumbled away and I was falling in the air when Joanna's hand grabbed my mine..Hold on Jake,don't let go!! She helped me get up..I immediately hugged her..Thanks for saving me... I said to Joanna..

---------

Present Day

     I still remember that day..Tears flowed out from my eyes..I went to my room and locked the door..

Derek's P.O.V

     I still can't stop thinking about Joanna.. Zombies are killing us one by one..Already one of us is dead..I haven't been that close to Joanna but she helps in every way she can..She also save me during contact with rebels..Her sharpshooter skills are incredible..No one can ever replace her.I swear Joanna,I'm  gonna kill every Shrieker I see..I said to myself..