Chapter 3

Chapter 3:The Zombies

   Aranda's P.O.V

    I cleaned Jacob's wounds.I took off his shirt and looked closely at his wounds.The scratches were not deep however.Then I wondered why did that zombie did not bit him.

     Is he okay?John asked.Yes sir,he's just fine..The scratches are not really deep.I replied.John breathed a sigh of relief..

Jacob's P.O.V

     I opened my eyes.I squinted at the bright light..I looked around.Everyone is missing.I tried to stand and Joanna pushed me back.

     You need to rest kid.They wounds still hurt right? she said..I just nodded because I was too tired..I laid down and tried to sleep again..

     I woke up again to the sound of moaning.Then I realized the moaning was coming from the infected outside our house..I peeked at the window and saw a horrible sight..The sun was beginning to set..Cars were overturned..I saw two zombies eating a man.After six seconds,the man joined the ever growing pack of zombies..Then I saw one of those different zombies again.. It was busy jumping from rooftop to rooftop and with each jump,it emits a horrible shriek.The infected were just moaning around..I looked closely at the houses around our neighborhood.. Doors were knocked clear out of their hinges.I looked at the Adamsons' backyard.The grass was wet with blood..Then a hand came out from a bush.I watched as my friend,Aron,came out..He was holding his bloody shoulder. He stepped on a twig and every zombie head turned to him.The infected ran at him and within seconds, Aron was buried under the zombies.After a few minutes,the infected walked away..I saw Aron lying on the ground.His whole body was covered with bites.His right arm was torn out from his body.He stood up,emitted a moan and walked around trying to find a living person.I wondered how are we ever gonna live in this neighborhood full of zombies.