Prepare for Trouble, Make it Double

Rodney and Cappy have been great, and they're getting better everyday. They love spending time with their friends. This upcoming Tuesday the couples of the group plan on going to a dinner cruise in celebration of Valentine's Day. It will be very romantic and fun for all of them. That is until a blonde woman and dark hair man enter the picture.

(Rodney's pov)

"The answer is 201.35 sir."

"That is correct Ms Henderson, it appears that your rival has vested you in this round Mr Copperbottom." The math professor, Mr Evans said.

I let out a snort, "I'm letting her win professor Evans, I can't always have the spotlight." Kari lets out a snort of her own.

"Professor Evans don't listen to Mr Copperbottom, for he will always have an excuse when losing against me. He's having a hard time excepting that fact."

"That's just my rival's fancy way of saying that she's intimidated of me. I'll take the next one professor Evans, to show you that I understand this."

"Are you sure you want to do that? I can save you from the embarrassment that will follow after you get the answer wrong."

Mr Evans raises his hand in the air, indicating us to stop talking. "As much as everyone is enjoying this little rant of yours, Mr Copperbottom and Ms Henderson, it must stop. And yes you can have the next one, Mr Copperbottom."

I smirk at Kari, but that was returned back with a roll of the eyes.

Thirty minutes later the class was over, Kari, the professor and I were the only ones left in the classroom. The two of us were just about to leave when the professor called to us.

"Yes Mr Evans?" Asked Kari.

"This Thursday, as you already know, no class will be taken place because the president of the university is evaluating me. And part of that evaluation is for me to present my two best students of all my classes. I would like to present the two of you."

I didn't look at Kari, but I'm sure she had the same puzzled expression on her face as I do.

"Just out of curiosity, why us sir? Not that we're not flatter by this." I ask.

"In my opinion you two are far better than any other students of mine. You two show great potential to do great things later on in life. The way you two interact is another reason why I chosen the two of you. Besides, it's hard to find student couples who are as competitive like you two."

The once puzzled expressions that were on our faces are now replaced with shock ones.

"Professor Evans you have it all wrong." Kari says as she sways her hand between us. "We are not a couple."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I assumed you were a couple by the way you two interact. I guess I was wrong, sorry about that."

I shrug, "It's ok Mr Evans, but it will be our pleasure to represent you in front of the president of the university."

"Splendid. The president will be in this room on Friday at 10 Am, come early and look sharp. I'll see you two then." Mr Evans then left, leaving Kari and I in the room.

"Well I better get going, I need to work on how I am going to present myself to the president. See you later Copperbottom." Kari says as she starts to head out the door. Before she can get to the door, I open it for her.

"Why don't we work on this presentation together?"

She gives me a puzzled expression, "Why, that would be pointless. We will both have different things to say."