♡ F O R T Y T W O - at least she gets some. ♡

F O R T Y  T W O - at least she gets some.

♡ ♡ ♡

It's been two days since the incident in the drop ship, and Rosie was already up and about, feeling better than when she came in. Just as she suspected, Bellamy avoided the brunette girl like the plague; wherever she was, he wasn't, and whenever she would enter an area he was in, he would end whatever thing he was doing and get away from the area. A part of Rosie wanted to confront the man about his actions, but the other part of her thought that Bellamy avoiding her was for the best. Life on Earth was already hard on her own, she didn't want adding someone on the list of people she could lose by death. She'd rather lose him before she got too close to him. 

In attempts to distract herself, Rosie found herself in the smokehouse alongside Octavia. Smoke from cooking up some food was thick in the air, making Rosie crinkle her nose slightly. Rosie and Octavia were making small talk when Del comes strolling in with a bunch of wood in his arms. 

"Let's get this party smoking." He says, feeding more wood into the fire. Rosie and Octavia finish hanging the piece of meat in their hands before turning to the delinquent.

"You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia informs the boy before returning to hanging more meat up. 

"You learn that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" Del mocks the black haired girl, making Rosie scoff from beside her. 

"At least she gets some, can't say the same about you." Rosie retorted, turning to smirk at the delinquent, "And what do you know about anything, you were just like the others. Fucking around when Pike was teaching us all the necessities to survive on Earth. The only people to actually listen and take the guy seriously was Octavia and I, so don't tell us how to do things."

"They're right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy interrupts, walking into the hut. 

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp." Del sneered, "Just keep working." He nodded towards the two girls before walking out. 

"Asshole probably couldn't take the heat, that's why he's taking his own advice and getting out of the smokehouse." Rosie nudged Octavia who snorts in agreement. 

"Your brother couldn't get you a better job? Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace." Murphy comments, ignoring the brunette's glares towards him. Rosie in no way made attempts to hide her hatred of the boy, and he knew that. 

"Oh, probably. That just means someone else would have to do it." Octavia replies before pulling the brunette with her away from Murphy. She knew that if she left the two together, something was bound to go wrong. 

"Wait." Murphy stops the two from going any further when he notices the fire that Del had fed was spreading. Rosie cursed as she hurriedly grabbed some wet leaves to the side to lay over the fire, but it was too late. The fire had spread almost engulfing the whole hut, if the three didn't leave, they would soon become soot and ashes. 

Coughing, the brunette girl crouched on the ground beside Octavia. Watching the flames, she couldn't help but feel anger coarse through her. What happened was all Del's fault. 

"This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood." Murphy had the same thought as Rosie, and as soon as he saw the delinquent, he pounced. 

"Get the hell away from me." Del managed to say before Murphy punched him. Bellamy was quick to pull the two apart, he didn't need them fighting each other when the priority was fighting against the Grounders.

"Hey! Hey! Stop! Save it for the Grounders." Bellamy ordered. 

"Well what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia interrupted them. 

"That was all our damn food." Rosie's words came out gritted as her jaw was clenched tightly, her arms itching to reach out to punch Del some more.  

♡ ♡ ♡

"Nothing. Just wild onions and nuts." Rosie exclaimed as she rifled through the things in the drop ship. 

"It'll only last one or two weeks." Clarke commented. Rosie sighed, standing up. She what they had to do at this point, it wasn't an option to not do it. Grabbing a spear that rested against the wall, she headed for the door, making sure all her knifes were tucked in the band of her pants. 

"Where are you going?" Clarke asked, curiosity creeping into her mind. 

"Hunting." Rosie says simply. 

"At least wait until I talk to Bellamy and have him put a hunting group together." Clarke tries to stop the girl, not wanting her to go alone, especially with the Grounders still out there wanting to kill them all. 

"Fine. Ten minutes, and then I'm leaving without you guys." Rosie agreed, her eyebrows raising slightly before turning to walk out the drop ship. Rosie knew that they had to be out hunting before it got dark; they had a food supply, but with Del's stupidity, their food supply was gone. If they didn't want to starve to death in the wintertime, they had to refill their food supply as quickly as possible. 

♡ ♡ ♡

"Rosie!" Octavia's scream could be heard from where the brunette girl was stood by the gates. Rosie spun around to meet eyes with the brown doe eyed girl. 

"What's up Tav?" Rosie questioned, eying the spear in the girl's hand. 

"I'm coming with you." Octavia says simply, shrugging her shoulders. The two girls had a mini stare down, but was broken when Rosie started giggling, making Octavia burst out in fits of laugher. 

Clarke Griffin walked up to the two girls about to fall on the ground laughing, having no idea what was going on. Rosie straightened up upon noticing the blonde medic standing by them with a confused look on her face. 

"We're going in groups. Here's a gun, this is strictly for shooting Grounders." The blonde told the brunette, whom only nodded, taking the gun and tucking it in the waistband of her pants along with the knives she held. 

"Anything else?" Rosie asked, looking up at Clarke. 

"Be back by nightfall." Clarke only stated, and with those words, Rosie and Octavia both headed out, determined to find something to bring back to camp. Their lives in the winter depended on this, which only made the two girls more determined to get it. 

♡ ♡ ♡

Word Count: 1105

♡ ♡ ♡

A/N:

I know its late, but Merry Christmas guys! I hope you had a wonderful day and hey, enjoy this chapter!

THE100 IG: @MoonlightHeda

Twitter: @MoonlightAllure