♡ F O U R T E E N - curiosity killed the cat ♡

♡  F O U R T E E N - curiosity killed the cat ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

It had been a couple hours since the acid fog attacked the group of hunters. Bellamy and Charlotte were asleep, as Rosie was still sat in front of the fire with her journal still in her lap. Her thoughts were long gone as her pen connected to the smooth surface of the paper to depict a drawing. Rosie's head turned to look up to the ceiling as she tried to remember what the two headed deer that she had first saw in the woods look like. She smiled as she remembered the deer that she saw on the day that they decided to travel to Mount Weather. The pen in Rosie's hand slid across the page delicately, making a variation of rough and smooth lines as she drew the two headed deer. 

The silence in the dark cave was ruined when a shriek pierced the air. Charlotte was stirring in her sleep again, a nightmare tainting her sleep. Rosie dropped her journal and pen and made her way to the little girl who was tossing and turning in her sleep. The same words made its way out of her mouth. No. No. No. No. Rosie's eyes landed on Bellamy who was interrupted from his sleep and was now also towering over the girl. Bellamy's eyes lit up in recognition as she realized that the girl was having a bad dream, something that Octavia had on a daily basis when she was back hiding under the floor of their room. 

"Charlotte, wake up." Bellamy says, shaking the small girl. Charlotte's eyes snapped open as she quickly sat up, fear and tears clouding her eyes as she took in her surroundings. She mentally sighed as she found herself in the cave on the ground, and not on the Ark again when her parents were being taken by the guards. 

"Charlotte, you okay?" Rosie asked softly, placing a hand on her shoulders, trying to get the girl to calm down.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles, lowering her head, feeling ashamed for having the nightmares that haunted her nightly.

"Does it happen often?" Bellamy asks the small blonde, staring at her intently, awaiting her answer. The small girl gives a small sigh, giving Bellamy and Rosie the answer to his questions: her nightmares happened often. "You know what? It doesn't matter." Bellamy continued, Rosie's mouth fell agape at his words.

"Bellamy." Rosie gave him a disapproving look as she punched his shoulder, "You don't say that to a kid." She scolded the man.

"I'm not a kid." Charlotte insisted. Rosie waved the girl off as Bellamy glared at the brunette girl who ruined the beginning of his speech before continuing.

"The only thing that matters is what you do about it." Bellamy told the girl in front of him. Rosie glanced at the boy, confused at his words, wondering where he was going with it.

"But I'm asleep." Charlotte asked, equally confused as Rosie was. Her dreams terrified her and the man in front of her told her not to worry about it and do something about it? 

"Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep." He replies to the confused girl. Rosie's eyes softened at his words, and she began to sit back, relaxing, letting Bellamy take over, knowing that the man would know what to say.

"Yeah, but how?" Charlotte asked again, still confused as to what Bellamy was trying to say.

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death. Let me see that knife I gave you." Bellamy says, gesturing towards the small knife that he had gave to her during the hunt. Charlotte wordlessly hands over the sharp object over to Bellamy who gripped the wooden bounded handle tightly in his hands. "Now, when you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and you say, Screw you, I'm not afraid." He hands Charlotte back the knife where she holds it tightly in both of her hands.

The words I'm not afraid rang clearly in Rosie's head. She had heard Octavia mutter the words hundreds, if not thousands of times before. Octavia said it had been something that her mother had told her when she was afraid of going under the floors. 

"Screw you, I'm not afraid." Charlotte quietly says, sounding scared and timid, like the demons that still haunted her were still there. Bellamy gave her a look, all of which Rosie knew so well. Her father had given her that look so many times when she didn't give her all into something that she did.

"Screw you, I'm not afraid." Charlotte repeats the five words, but this time with a lot more confidence, which made both Rosie and Bellamy give her a heartwarming smile.

"Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep." Bellamy tells her, patting her on the shoulder. Charlotte lays down on the slab of rock she sat on, and slowly drifted off to sleep, clutching the knife tightly in her hands. Rosie studied Bellamy's facial features, who was looking at the small girl with protective eyes.

"You're wrong, you know?" She softly says, interrupting the silence, making Bellamy's eyes snap up to the girl.

"What?" He asks confused at the brunette's words.

"Fear doesn't make you weak. Weakness doesn't mean death. Your weaknesses and fears are what makes you human, you have emotions. You generate that fear to make you stronger. Don't lose the thing that makes you human because of the fear of death." Rosie tells him. Bellamy says nothing, but lays back down. His mind contemplating her words.

"Yeah, sure." He says, quietly.

" I saw that look in your eyes the other day." Rosie bent her knees up to my chest, wrapping her arms atop it, resting her chin upon her arms. Her eyes trained on the male. 

"What look?" He asks, staring up at the cave ceiling, knowing what look she was talking about, but deciding to act clueless instead of right out admitting it.

"The look of contemplation. You were contemplating on whether or not to drop me into that spike pit when we went searching for Jasper." Rosie says, her gaze still focused on him.

"And?" He asked, his eyes not meeting Rosie's, but rather focused intently on the ceiling; he didn't want to meet Rosie's eyes, not wanting to see the disappointment in her eyes.

"Why are you so adamant on getting these wristbands off?" Rosie questioned, looking at the metal encasing her wrist. "What's so important that got you wanting to take them off? Contemplating on whether to let someone die to get the damned thing to stop working. What's up with you, Bellamy Blake?"

"Didn't you ever hear, Curiosity killed the cat?" Bellamy replies, turning to face the walls of the cave, planning to avoid any more questions from the brunette.

"But satisfaction brought it back." Rosie whispered, laying down, staring at his back. "Goodnight Bellamy." She closed her eyes, darkness consuming her almost immediately.

♡ ♡ ♡

Word Count: 1176

♡ ♡ ♡

A/N:

THE100 IG: @MoonlightHeda

Personal IG: @SincerelyyV

Twitter: @MoonlightAllure