8 | the laurens

______________

______________

DRACO WAS SLEEPING next to her.

Astoria smiled at the sight of how peaceful he looked when he was asleep.

It was one o'clock in the morning and they spent the whole night talking to each other. He talked about his family for a while in which she listened. It always made her sad of what his family is going through. It pained her to think such a broken boy would have to go through that and could withstand that.

Richard

Richard Van Daskni. Best friend. Her parent's bestfriend's son. And her fiancée. She remembered everything about Richard. About the way, his golden hair always shimmered against the light when they were children and his soft smile always made her feel better on a hard day.

She remembered being only twelve when they were arranged for marriage. When, she was so excited to marry her best friend. She remembered, having a fake wedding with him when she was only five and how they promised to love each other forever.

But that night, she remembered when the light in his eyes were gone and how he slapped Astoria in the face.

"No! You are nothing Astoria! I cannot marry you!" He screamed at her, his figure overpowering her. He swing his fist at her and hissed that she was so ugly and useless.

She remembered her tears and when she had to pack up for Hogwarts the next day. She knew why she was dark and her eyes had no more light when she sat on the stool after her name was called by McGonagall.

"Astoria Greengrass!" She called and the whole Slytherin table grinned, knowing she would be in their house since Daphne, her older sister, was there as well.

The Greengrass family were also a famous pure-blood family, among the Malfoy's. Although they stay out of trouble, they were as scheming as the Black's.

The Gryffindors sneered at Astoria as she walked up the cold steps and sat on the stool. Before the Sorting Hat was placed on her head she looked out onto the crowd. She earned smiles from Slytherin, happy faces from Hufflepuff, rambunctious eyes from Ravenclaw and glares from Gryffindor.

Once she felt the soft material lay on her brown hair, the hat assumed its position.

"Ah, Greengrass." It said. "I know where to put you-"

And she immediately thought Slytherin before the hat stopped at his words.

"Oh, but what is this? I see smiles, kindness and an eager heart. Not Gryffindor, you are brave at heart but only that. You have intelligence for any Ravenclaw but you are too cunning at heart. Hmmmm. Hufflepuff and Slytherin might do for you but which one shall I choose?"