Love is a battlefield (sequel to SCUAH) a hetalia fanfic

Start from the beginning

“Steph, can I ask you something?” Amelia asked, snapping me out of my trance again.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Join the military with me,” she begged.

I froze, stunned for several seconds as her words seeped in. I shook my head violently.

“There is no way I’m participating in a stupid war!” I cried.

She chuckled, “You need to let out the American side of you. You’re too Swiss for your own good.”

I folded my arms, “because I’m ‘too Swiss for my own good,’ as you kindly put it, I’m en route to finding a cure for the common cold; it’ll be revolutionary and get me a nobel prize for sure.”

She rolled her eyes, “Come on, please! Do it for me.”

She was pouting, staring at me with her emerald eyes. I scowled; she was using her British accent to try and rope me into doing something I really don’t want to do.

“How stupid do you think I am? An accent is not going to convince me into doing anything,” I stated.

She raised an eyebrow, “join the military with me or else I’ll force daddy to cook for you for the rest of your life.”

My eyes widened. She never made empty threats; so I knew she was serious about it. I sighed and hung my head.

“Okay, I’ll do it. But only because I don’t want to be eating charcoal for the rest of my life!”

She squealed; her cropped brunette locks bouncing as she danced in her seat, “thank you!”

I rolled my eyes, “You owe me big time.”

   We trudged over to the apartment I shared with mom, Alfred and Alfred’s alien friend Tony. Alfred was like a father to me, he brought out my American side a lot. Tony usually keeps to himself, although you know he’s around because of his verbal tick. The only thing I’ve heard come from the alien was ‘fucking limey.’ Alfred’s always trying to woo mom, but she just rolls her eyes and ignores him. The only time I actually see them on good terms romantically is when mom’s dragging him by his cowlick to the bedroom. Other than that it’s completely platonic. I unlocked the door and peered in.

“What are you doing?” Amelia asked.

“Making sure they’re not…you know…” I hissed, ‘it’s been awhile since I heard them doing anything and I know it’ll happen any day.”

She rolled her eyes, “remember how Francis taught us the birds and the bees?”

I shuddered, “Those videos…”

“Dad was ready to murder him,” she giggled.