Chapter 9

We climbed some walls and such, making our way towards the plane and I couldn't help but be disappointed. I was looking forward to the first thing I do with my dad is find treasure. We got on the sky rail thing and Nathan pulled us across. Elena and Sully jumped off while I stayed on with my dad. Nate swung over to us and dad helped him up but not before the platform broke.

 "Shit!" Nate exclaimed. Nate then climbed up and jumped off to where Sully and Elena were. I felt Sams hand grab me by the waist and then he jumped off the opposite way before the sky rail went crashing down to the ground. He threw me up on the ground while he grabbed the ledge and climbed up.

 "Son of a bitch." Sam said, standing up.

 "Alright. Just jump. I'll catch you." Nate told us. I watched my dad. His face was just that of a sorry man. "Let's go." Nate said. I then saw my dad glance at the mountain and I grinned knowing exactly what was going through my mind. I stepped away from the ledge.

 "No. Don't even think about it. You hear me?" Nate said. I was probably grinning more than I should. We were gonna find that treasure together.

 "I'm sorry I got you into this. All of you, but I gotta see this through." Sam said, starting to head back.

 "Billi! Biliquis come here!" Nate said.

 "I'm sorry. He's my dad. I'm not leaving him again." I said, following my father and running after him.

 "Hey, you listen to me! If you do this, I'm not coming after you!" Nate yelled.

 "I'm sorry." Both me and my father said. With that we were running back towards the mountain.

 "You sure you wanna do this, kid?" Sam asked.

 "I'm not leaving you again. I'm doing this. We're doing this...together." I say.

 "Alright. But you have to actually stay by me this time. And I mean it this time. It's getting far too dangerous for you to wander off on your own. Okay?" I nodded, understanding. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Okay?" He repeated.

 "Okay." I say.

 "Good. Now be careful. We got some treasure to find." He said, ruffling my hair, making me grin. We continued on, coming across a huge cliff with a big drop. "Are you sure about this? This is really dangerous." Sam said, looking over the edge on the cliff.

 "Yes. Now let's go." I say, grabbing my grappling hook and tossing it on the branch above us, tugging a little bit before swinging across the big gap and grabbing onto a edge, and pulling myself up in the little gap in the cliff. "Your turn." I say, grinning.

 He rolled his eyes and swung across and did the same thing as me. "Remember, I'm the one that taught you this." He said.

 "Yet, I still make it look cooler." I say, giggling and making him chuckle.

 "Sure." He said sarcastically, before continuing on, climbing up a wall. We climbed up before running and jumping, grabbing another ledge. My heart caught in my throat as I grabbed the very bottom ledge when I meant to grab the ledge above it. I didn't like not having something to put my feet against. My feet were dangling as I shimmied my way across the ledge, seeing as the ledge I was going to grab was a little too far away for my reach. I hated just relying on my arm strength. I then finally was able to reach a higher ledge and started climbing up until there was a big enough ledge for me to just stand on. I took a breather then followed Sam.

 "Right up there." Sam said, pointing up to the left.

 "It's too far away to be able to reach for a boost. Fall right off the edge." I say.