two

Rose's point of view:

"I didn't mean to ditch you," Olivia tells me as I close my locker, books draped in my arms. 

"Yeah, I know.  It's okay, really," I assure her.  If I'm being honest, I really just want to be alone today.  We all have those days where we just don't  want to be bothered by anyone.  I'm just not in the mood to talk to anyone.  I'm really exhausted and I probably should have taken the day off today since I got home so late last night. 

I'm really not angry with her for leaving with a guy and leaving me without having a ride home.  I'm just annoyed.   Besides, she's my best friend.  I really don't want to argue or stir up any drama with her. 

****

"Class is dismissed," Mr. Gregory says, waving his hand in the air and every student scatters out the room like an army of roaches because it's finally time for Summer vacation. I'm finally starting college.

I rush out the room, and out of the building, heading home. I do feel a wave of sadness because High school is finally over. Oh well, here's to a new beginning.

I wish my mom would buy me a car.  I despise having to walk home every day after school. The cold wind hits my body and I shiver. After walking five blocks, I stop in my tracks when a familiar masculine voice gravitates my thoughts.

"Need a ride?" I turn my head to face the exact BMW from last night. Harry . Could it be a coincidence that we ran into each other again? I ponder whether or not I should get in the car or just suffer in the cold and walk the rest of the way.

"Have you been following me or something?" I ask him curiously and he laughs.

"Actually I was just heading to the mall," He tells me and I nod. The malls five minutes away from my house anyway.

"Yeah, please. Sorry for being rude," I tell him and his eyes light up.

"No, it's alright, I guess I did sort of look like a creep but you looked pretty miserable," He calls back as I head into the BMW for a second time.

"Thanks again."

"It's not a problem. You don't have a car?" He asks and I shake my head. "I've been begging my mom for weeks but for some reason she won't give in."

"I'll give you my number. If you ever need a ride to school or anything I can drive you," He smiles, turning on my block. Wow, Harry's extremely nice. Not only that, but he's very attractive. It's almost all too good to be true.

"Wow, that's so sweet but it's okay. I'm really used to walking and besides it's winter break so I don't really have anywhere to go."

Harry's car pulls up outside of my house. "Just take it in case you do decide to go somewhere." He opens the glove compartment and grabs a notepad and pen and writes his number and hands it to me.

I laugh. "Thanks, Harry." I get out the car and he grins.

"See you soon, Rose."