CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

Jaime walked in the Great Hall, she sat in the Gryffindor table, beside Hermoine and served herself some breakfast.

"Good morning." Hermoine greeted.

"Good morning." Jaime greeted back. Ginny entered the Great Hall as Jaime started to eat her breakfast, "Good morning." She greeted and both Jaime and Hermoine did the same. Just as Ginny was about to finish her breakfast, an owl came swooping down and dropped a long package on the table, almost knocking down some goblets of pumpkin juice and squishing their food. The owl then landed on Jaime's shoulder, Jaime was confused, "Who's it from and how is it Noctua just came back carrying this?" Ginny quickly took the letter taped to the package and read it, she grinned and said, "Thank you Harry!"

"What?" Jaime asked, even more confused. Hermoine was shocked when she found out what Ginny did, "You can't be serious?" Hermoine looked at Ginny.

"What?" Ginny said, acting all innocent.

"She'll kill you for this!" Hermoine said.

"That's what you're here for, to not let Jaime kill me." Ginny started to unwrap the package, Jaime was still confused with what was happening, "Could any of you shed a little light please?" Hermoine was unsure on what to tell, but when Ginny was able to completely open the package, it was a Firebolt – Jaime's Firebolt.

"I can't believe you!" Jaime said as she took the Firebolt from the table.

"What?" Ginny said, "You even have your Quidditch uniform – the one I got you for Christmas – you're ready."

"I didn't even agree to it!" Jaime said.

At the Slytherin table, Draco watched as Jaime argues with Ginny while trying to keep her Firebolt from Ginny's grasp. "I see Jaime got a Firebolt." Theodore said, "I think I know now who's replacing Hall."

Draco was surprised to see Jaime holding on to her Firebolt while shoving back the Gyrffindor Quidditch uniform back at Ginny, "We're dead, that's for sure." Theodore muttered. Draco turned to Theodore slightly offended, "Do you think, Jaime's going to get the Snitch before I do?"

"Why not?" Theodore shrugged, "She has a bloody Firebolt,Draco! I won't be surprised if Blaise pushes us to practice even more – I mean, to see that Jaime's going to play on a Firebolt, I'll be really intimidated – if I were captain that is."

"And Blaise isn't even the Captain of the team." Draco muttered.

"That's right, you are – aren't you even intimidated that Gryffindor has a Firebolt, what's worse a Potter!"

"No... why should I, Jaime's never played Quidditch before." Draco shrugged. Blaise suddenly sat beside Draco and is glaring at the Gryffidor table, at Jaime to be specific, "Please tell me you – the Captain – have something in mind to win the match with Gryffindor."

"I do." Draco said.

"Please do share your strategy, Malfoy." Blaise muttered.

"Do the game, Jaime's my business." Blaise and Theodore were surprised with what Draco said, Blaise didn't stop, "Do the game? Aren't you intimidated with what Potter has?"

"Nope..." Draco simply said.

"This isn't the time to be over confident, Malfoy." Blaise glared at Draco.

"Fine if you want more practice hours, then go... but I must I remind you? Jaime's a Seeker not a Chaser, so why are you so worried, when she's my problem?" Draco firmly stated.

"Fine," Blaise said, "Nott, practice after supper – the Gryffindors got the field for two hours before supper." Blaise left and went back to sitting next to Pansy. Theodore groaned and banged his head on the table, "I still don't understand why do we have to practice, when it's suppose to be you who should." Theodore muttered.

"Come on, Theodore, we still have class."

An hour before supper, Ginny called all of the Gryffindor Quidditch team players for practice, Jaime sighed as she walked to the field in her Gryffindor Quidditch uniform, -- which was Ginny's gift for her last Christmas. Jaime groaned as she mounted her broom and followed the others in the air; Ginny then divided the teams in to two,while Jaime was asked to catch the Snitch. Jaime looked around for the Snitch the whole time, but wasn't able to find it yet.

Sitting in the stands, Hermoine watched as Jaime looked for the Snitch, it's been a while now and Jaime was still in her spot, unmoving. Hermoine sighed and looked down at her book, a familiar voice caught Hermoine's attention, and it was the last person Hermoine expected to see in a Gryffindor practice.

"Don't get too confident, Draco, you haven't seen Jaime fly yet." Theodore sat, he and Draco were far away from where Hermoine was, and she was thankful for that – if they sat a bit close to her, she didn't know what to do.

"I know – I don't get why you're so worried about this." Draco muttered as he sat down next to Theodore.

"Can't believe, Malfoy's here." Hermoine muttered.

"Hermoine!" Hermoine turned and saw Parvati coming up with Seamus beside her, Parvati sat beside Hermoine, "I see the Gryffindor team is having a good practice – where's Jaime?" Parvati asked.

"There," Hemroine pointed, Parvati and Seamus turned and saw Jaime on her broom, looking for the Snitch, "she's still haven't seen the Snitch."

"What's Malfoy and Nott doing here?" Seamus glared at the Slytherins, who were busy talking about something – probably Quidditch. Hermoine sighed, "I'm sure they're just here to cheer on Jaime?"

"Probably spying." Seamus muttered as he sat next to Parvati.

Hermoine sighed at Seamus' remark and just read her book, which was Potions. Jaime sighed, she haven't found the Snitch since this practice started. A zipping sound then caught Jaime's attention, she quickly turned and saw the Snitch flying just beside her, then it zoomed away. Jaime quickly went after the Snitch, dodging any bludger that came.

Hermoine, Parvati and Seamus saw Jaime zoom after the Snitch. "She found the Snitch!" Parvati said.
Draco sighed as he watched Jaime go after the Snitch, he admit it to himself that Jaime is really fast – probably because she has a Firebolt – but Draco knew that it was Jaime's first time as a Seeker, so there was a good chance he'll get the Snitch before her – without causing any damage on Jaime.

Jaime groaned as she jumped to her bed, Ginny rolled her eyes and just watched as Jaime put her pillow on her face.

"Would you stop being so dramatic?" Ginny sat on Jaime's bed and took the pillow from her face, "Shut up."

"You were good today, tomorrow morning we have practice as well, so don't be late." Ginny said.

"What time?" Jaime asked.

"Five."

"You're killing us Ginny – that's too early!"

"It's actually enough before classes start – "

"Or breakfast!"

Jaime took her pillow from Ginny and pulled up her blanket, "Goodnight, Ginny." Jaime groaned.

"Goodnight, Jaime." Ginny yawned and closed the lights and went to bed as well.