CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

Jaime walked to the Great Hall for breakfast with Ginny, they've been looking for Hermoine all around the castle, hoping that she would join them for lunch since they rarely see her now that she was Head Girl, and they kind of miss her presence.

"Hermoine must be very busy now." Jaime said as she and Ginny sat right next to each other.

"She's Head Girl, she is busy. Thank Merlin, I'm not Prefect." Ginny said as she took a piece of toast from the banquet.

"But you're the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. What's the difference? You have more responsibility than I have."

Ginny shrugged, "By the way, why aren't you a Prefect – I was actually expecting you would be one."

"Don't know, but who cares." Jaime said as she ate she toast. Just as she and Ginny were in the middle of their meal, Hermoine came, her face showed that she was pissed was about to explode. Hermoine sat across Ginny and Jaime, muttering about something that Jaime can't understand.

"What's wrong?" Ginny asked.

"What's wrong?" Hermoine slammed her hands on the table, "It's Bloody Oliver Travers what's wrong!"

"Oliver Travers'?" Jaime asked, "you mean Benjamin Travers' brother? The Ravenclaw?"

"Isn't he Head Boy?" Ginny asked as she drank her pumpkin juice.

"Yes and I'm stuck with him for the year!" Hermoine took a big gulp from her goblet of pumpkin juice.

"Is he bad?" Jaime asked.

"Yes!" Hermoine slammed her goblet to the table, "He's a snob and kept showing off that he's a Ravenlclaw – that he's better than anyone!"

"Is he worse than Malfoy?" Ginny asked, her head nodding at Draco's direction, who was talking with Theodore Nott.

"No, but he's actually next to Malfoy!" Hermoine said then started to eat her eggs.

Jaime's gaze didn't leave Draco, she noticed that he was hanging around with Theodore Nott more, than with Goyle or Zabini, and that he hasn't insulted her or her friends or anyone for the past twenty-four hours! A new record...

"By the way, has anyone of you seen Professor McGonagall?" Jaime asked.

"No, why?" Hermoine asked.

"Is she still teaching Transfiguration?"

"Yeah, she is..."

"Why, is there something you need from McGonagall?" Ginny asked.

"I was just hoping that is she could teach me to be an Animagus that's all." Jaime shrugged.

Hermoine and Ginny's eyes widened, they never thought that Jaime Potter would actually think of becoming an Animagus.

"That's great, Jaime – Professor McGonagall is practically the best person to ask for that!" Hermoine said.

"Why do you suddenly want to be an Animagus?" Ginny asked.

"Nothing... It just caught my interest that's all." Jaime said.

That was a lie, ever since Jaime saw McGonagall transform to a cat she already wanted to be an Animagus. She was suppose to ask McGonagall during her fifth year if she can teach her how to be an Animagus, but wasn't able to, due to the horrific events that happened then.

"Ah! There you are!"

Professor Challis paced towards Jaime and Ginny, she took a seat beside Ginny and took a breath.