• 8 •

A/N: I would like to thank all the people who voted on this story so far :D I really appreciate it ♥

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Third Person's POV

"I-it's impossible......" The Uchiha whispered, staring at the little girl.

Sasuke slowly lifted his right arm while walking forwards. Hoshiko stopped crying and stared at Sasuke, mimicking his movements. Their hands were about to touch when Suigetsu abruptly grabbed Sasuke's shirt and pulled him back.

The moment Sasuke and Hoshiko broke eye contact, Sasuke was once again the emotionless Uchiha everyone knew, but deep down he was shocked about what he just experienced. He sensed someone approaching, so him and Suigetsu ran into the woods in the opposite direction where the person was coming from.

A few moments later, Akira appeared. When she saw Hoshiko's red, puffy eyes and the dried tears on her cheeks, she quickly ran to her daughter and checked for any injuries, then she hugged her.

"What happened, my baby?" Akira asked her daughter, removing some pieces of trunk from Hoshiko's hair.

"N-nothing mommy, I just saw a big fish by the river and I got really, really scared, so I fell a-and that's why I was crying." Hoshiko replied, hugging her mother back.

Akira walked with Hoshiko to the river bank, knelt down and filled the bottle she gave Hoshiko earlier with water. Then she carefully cleaned her daughter's face with the cool water of the river. Both mother and daughter silently made their way back to where Ichiro was, unaware of the two pair of eyes watching them from the shadows.

"Hey Sasuke, what was that all about?" Suigetso asked, staring at the little girl.

"Let it go, Suigetsu. We have more important matters to attend to." Sasuke commanded, heading back to the hideout without a second glance towards the little girl.

As soon as the two rogue ninjas left, Hoshiko felt the warmth in her chest leave too. She looked back to where she met Sasuke and Suigetsu, remembering the first time she felt that same warmth while she was traveling with her parents just one day ago.

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Sorry for the late update, I didn't have data on my phone and I couldn't see the votes on the previous chapters.. Anyways, let me know what you think!

Two votes for the next chapter :)