Chapter~12

{Can this get 25+ comments? Please.^~^}

Harry watched as another contestant walked out onto the stage to perform, getting a glimpse of Niall seated with the other judges. To say he was nervous was an understatement. He was terrified. Not because of the thought that he wouldn't get through, but because of the missing presence of Louis.

Where is he?

He promised he would be here..

"Lad, relax. You're shaking like a leaf." A hand was placed on the younger boy's shoulder, that belonging to Liam. "I'm sure he's just taking care of things." Zayn assured, though not sure of Louis' whereabouts either.

The only thing going through Harry's mind is where is Louis? He's scared that something bad might've happened to him.

"Let's give a round of applause for our cutest contestant on the show, Harry Styles!" Nick announced once the other contestant was offstage.

"What?! No! I can't- Louis isn't here yet!" The curly haired boy panicked. He was going to sing the song he had written for his first real crush, but he wasn't even there to listen to him sing it.

Anne went up to his son, kissing his forehead then looked him in the eyes. "I'm sure Louis has a valid reason for why he's not here. He probably feels horrible right now. But you not performing will make him feel worse, you wouldn't want that, right?"

Harry shook his head slowly.

"Make him proud, baby. He might not be here now, but you'll always be in his heart." Anne smiled warmly at her son, embracing him in a hug before watching him walk onto the stage bravely.

The crowd cheered louder once they saw the boy, the smile on Niall's face calming him a little. "Hey, buddy. What song are you going to sing for us today?"

"It's my own composition, actually." Harry admits shyly.

"Let's hear it, love." Mel B motions for him to go on. So he did.

Taking in a deep breath, he saw Niall giving him a thumbs up that got him to smile before he began singing.

"Now you were standing right there in front of me,"

The memory of him stood right in front of Louis from his first audition plays in his head.

"I hold on it's getting harder to breathe,"

He remembers how nervous he was because he thought he wouldn't have gotten through.

"All of a sudden these lights are blinding me,"

But he did.

"I never noticed how bright they would be."

And it was all thanks to Louis.

The young boy kept singing, though he wished Louis was there backstage, listening to him, knowing by the lyrics that the song was meant for him.

But he wasn't.

Well, that's what he thought.

"I'll keep my eyes wide open,"