Jack Montresor

Jack is played by Jake Short and Ace is played by Bradley Steven Perry.

"For the last time Jack, man up and go ask her out!" My best friend, Ace, exclaims. "You've been crushing on her since the sixth grade!"

"I have not!" I blush, glancing back at where the blonde was, who was currently at her locker, talking to her friend.

"You're probably just concerned that she's a LESBIAN." Ace snorts, rolling his eyes as he shoves his books into the mess of his locker.

"You know, you should really clean out that locker of yours." I say, getting a mere wave of a hand as a response from Ace.

"She does hang out with that other girl all the time. Whatever her name was. Rooley?" Ace comments, glancing at where the two girls were. "Look, they're even holding hands."

"I-I'm sure they're just best friends. Isn't that what girls do all the time? Hold each other's hand?" I say, sounding like I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince Ace.

Ace raises an eyebrow in disbelief. "And you seriously believe that?"

"Hey, from what I know, the two of them have known each other their whole life! Of course they're going to be close!" I snap in defense, slamming my locker shut.

"You keep telling yourself that." Ace mutters. "Now come on, let's get to class before we're late."

We make our way down the hall. All seems to go smoothly until Ace decides to be the spawn of Satan once again. He purposely pushes me into Maya, making all of our things fall and scatter all over the place on the floor.

"Hey!" Maya snarls. "Watch where you're going!"

"S-Sorry!" I stutter, quickly picking up all her books and handing them back to her, our fingers brushing while doing so. I flush even redder (if that was even possible). Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ace trying to hold his laughter in.

"Maya, apologize!" The brunette that was always with her, Riley, says.

"For what!? He bumped into me!" Maya snaps.

"He obviously didn't mean to!" Riley exclaims. She then does this puppy dog eyes thing and right away, Maya melts.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." She says.

"See Peaches! Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" Riley smiles.

"Whatever." Maya says.

The two walk away, leaving me standing there like an idiot in the hallway, staring at where I last saw Maya's luscious curls.

Ace finally bursts out laughing.

"Dude! You couldn't even get a single word out!" He chuckles.

"Shut up, Ace! This was all your fault anyways! Now she probably thinks I'm some sort of klutz!" I shout.

"Would it matter? From what it looked like, Maya is totally whipped." Ace says. "There's no way those two are just friends."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS! THEY HAVE TO BE!" I scream way louder than I had meant to, causing everyone else in the hallway to pause and stare at me.

"Okay, okay! They're just friends!" Ace raises his hands in the air, surrendering. "Now would you calm down? You're causing a scene!"

"Ace, I swear. You better shut your mouth right now or else I will rip your-"

"Okay! Yeesh!"

Linebreak

"These chemicals look like they'll make a cool color, let's mix them!" Ace exclaims, picking up the beakers.