Chloe Jackson

I have way too many book ideas. But I think this is a cool book concept. Anyways, Chloe is played by Olivia Holt.

Was I surprised to be at another new school? No, not at all. Moving is quite common in my family. In fact, this is the third time I've moved in a year.

It's always the same old thing. I make some new friends at my new school, we have some fun, share some good memories, then out of nowhere-surprise! I have to move again. But little did I know, this school was going to be different.

"Alright sweetie, make sure to have some fun." My dad stops the car, pulling over to let me out.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, stepping out.

"Hey, I promise we'll be staying here in New York for at least a year." My dad says softly.

"Sure we are. Isn't that what you said last time back in Portland?" I say.

"I know it's hard for you, always moving and having to leave your new friends behind. But at least give this school a chance." My dad says, glancing at the main entrance. "Abigail Adams High. Sounds like a new opportunity for you."

"Stop getting all professor on me and go to your job." I say.

"Hey, being a professor is my job!" My dad grins. "I'll see you in eight hours."

And with that, he drives away, leaving me behind in the crazy, apocalyptic world that is high school.

Immediately after I enter the school, I knew I was in trouble. It was like a labyrinth of hallways and I got lost after just a minute of walking. Knowing that I needed to ask for some help, I spot a girl alone by her locker. I tap her shoulder and she turns around, sporting a large smile.

It takes me aback at first but slowly I find myself smiling back. "Um, hi. I'm new and is there any chance you can show me where the Main Office is?"

"Hi!" The girl chirps back. "Sure thing! My class is near the office, just follow me."

She grabs a couple of textbooks out and closes her locker, gesturing for me to follow her.

"By the way, my name is Riley." The girl says, leading me down the hall.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Chloe." I say.

"That's a pretty name." Riley says.

"Oh, thank you." I flush. I always get awkward around compliments.

Riley flashes me an award winning smile. "So, where did you move from?"

"Portland." I answer. "And before that, Houston. And then Chicago. And then Miami."

"Wow, you move a lot." Riley comments.

"No kidding." I snort.

"I can't imagine what would happen if I moved." Riley says. "I've lived my whole life in New York. It's where my home is, where my friends are. If you would like, I can introduce you to my friends."

"Oh, that would be great. It's always hard making friends on the first day." I say gratefully.

"Well, you've got a friend in me." Riley smiles. "Anyways, here we are, the Main Office. I'll see you later, Chloe."

"Bye Riley." I wave to her as she makes her exit.

I get my schedule and head to my first class of the day: History with Mr. Matthews. I shake all of my first day jitters out and walk in the door. The first thing I see is Riley, which makes me feel much better.

"Chloe!" Riley exclaims.

"You know her?" A blonde girl next to her says.

"Yeah, we just met a couple minutes ago. Hooray, you have a class with me!" Riley cheers, throwing her arms in the air. Unfortunately for the guy behind her, Riley somehow manages to hit him in the head with her arms.