Chapter 38

Walking out of the kitchen, you find Dan just sitting on the couch staring at the ceiling. You smirk and walk over to him. Once you sit down, you lay down and throw your feet over the arm of the couch, laying your head on Dan's lap. You stare up at him and he looks down at you with a smile.

"Hey." You smile. "Hey." He replies. Dan smiles wider after a while of staring at you, revealing his dimples. You poke them and laugh. "Hey!" He yells, obviously annoyed. "Hi!" You yell back. "What do you want?" He laughs.

"It's supposed to rain today."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Wanna go get some coffee."

"We have a coffee pot over there."

"No. Good coffee." You says. Dan looks up and thinks for a second. He grins. Quickly, he nods. "Okay." He whispers and kisses you. You run your fingers thru his hair. It's soft and straight. Dan pulls away. "Get up. Lemme get dressed." He says pulling you up off his lap. You walk into Dan's room and grab some clothes. Walking into the bathroom, you get dressed in a floral cardigan that looks like the one that Tyler Joseph wore, a plain black tank top, and some leather black leggings.

Looking under the sink, you find 2 boxes of old hair dye from a while back. Now, your hair is a very light blue and mostly back to your natural hair colour. You chuckle picking up a purple. "DAN!" You yell. Dan opens the door. "What." He asks, eyes drifting to the box.

"Are we really going to do this before we go?"

You nod vigorously. He laughs and takes the box from you. "Wet your hair down." He says with a chuckle. You do as your told while Dan slides on some gloves and squirts the lilac dye into his hands.

Once you finish, you dry your hair off a bit and Dan rubs in the colour to your hair. After your whole head is covered in violet hues, you let the dye set in and rinse it out. Grabbing a hair dryer, you dry out your hair and put in a nice little bow.

Walking out of the bathroom, you grab your sunglasses and head for the door. "Daniel, ready?" You ask. He nods with a smile. Dan grabs your hand and opens the door.

~✬ Le Time Skip ✬~

After 15 minutes, you make it to a coffee shop. You and Dan quickly run into line and check out the hanging chalkboard menu. "Do you have any idea of what you want to get?" He asks, squeezing your hand.

"I think I'm gonna get a double chocolate chip frappuccino."

"That sounds good. I'm going to get a cookie dough frappuccino."

"That sounds good too."

Once you get to the front, both of you order your drinks and Dan willingly pays, which is very sweet. The 2 of you find a seat and wait for your number to be called. "Wanna hear a joke?" You ask. He smiles and nods. "Okay, what did the dinosaur say to the other dinosaur?"

"I dunno what?"

"Nothing, they're extinct. I thought you were smarter than that."

Dan laughs. "Clever, clever gal. Okay, I've got one. Knock knock."

"Who's there."

"To."

"To who?"

"No, it's to whom."

You laugh. "13? Double chocolate chip frappe and cookie dough frappe?" A girl says into a speaker. You slide out of your seat to collect your drinks. Once you get to the line, you thank the cashier and sit back down.

"Here you are, Dun."

"Did they really spell my name like that?"

"Probably." You chuckle, taking a sip of your drink. "That is soooooo good." You chuckle. Dan laughs and sips his own drink. "Same here, oh my god!" He replies. Once the 2 of you finish your coffees, you just sit for a while and talk. While you are talking about the time you and Toni got into a really stupid fight about a jacket, Dan picks up his phone.

"And then she threw the- what."

"Huh? Oh, my phone says it's going to start raining soon."

"Bad?"

"Yeah." He says. You smile and quickly run out the door. Dan follows you. "(Y/N)!! SLOW DOWN!!! WHERE ARE WE GOING!!!" He yells. You can hear him clearly, but you don't answer him. The more and more you run, the more and more you come close to your destination. Finally, you make it as it begins to rain.

"Where are we?" Dan asks, totally out of breath. "Remember that time we danced in the rain?" You laugh. He nods. "Let's do it again!" You say, pulling a small speaker out of your bag. "Really?" He says, handing you his phone. You plug it in and select a song. Lovely, by Twenty One Pilots. Selecting the volume to the max. It begins to pour and everyone is underneath umbrellas on the sidewalk.

The song begins to play as you run into the rain. "YOU SAY THINGS WITH YOUR MOUTH, COBWEB AND FLIES COME OUT!!" You scream the lyrics, kicking and dancing. Dan just laughs at you. "COME ON!" You start to jump up and down in the puddles. He chuckles and runs out, grabbing your hands. Dan twirls you. "WON'T YOU STAY ALIVE!! I'LL TAKE YOU ON A RIDE!! I WILL MAKE YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE LOVELY!" Both of you scream.

The 2 of you begin to jump, kick, and dance like crazy. Taking a glance at everyone around you, they are smiling and some are even video taping you. "DON'T BE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNEEEEEE!!!!" Dan screams. "YOU SAY THINGS WITH YOUR MOUTH COBWEBS AND FLIES COME OUT!!!" You scream, waving your hands in the air.

The next song plays, Mikky Ekko's Smile begins to play from the soundtrack Paper Towns. Dan takes your hand and starts to dance with you. Then, from the sidewalk, what looks to be a dad, mum, and child begin to dance. You smile. "What?" Dan asks. He looks behind you and spots the family. Dan grins.

"I wanna be like that one day."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

You smile wider, showing off your teeth and the song begins to become upbeat, so you break from his hold and start to jump again. This goes on for another 1 hour or so.

~✬ Le Time Skip ✬~

You come home, soaking wet. You set down your things and run to the bathroom to shower. Afterwards, you pull on Dan's dark galaxy sweater (A/N: I want it so bad!) and slip it on. The shirt is so long that it is just past your knees.

Walking downstairs, you find Dan, once again, staring at the ceiling. You sigh and do the same thing you did in the morning. He doesn't look down this time. "What's wrong?" You ask, folding your arms.

"(Y/N),"

"Yes?"

"I just realized something."

"What."

"I think I'm actually happy with where I am and what I'm doing."

You sit up.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"How do you know."

"Because I'm in love with you."