Sarah was looking down, so she failed to see the anguish that briefly passed his eyes.

"Good! Very good..." Bernard quickly said.

"E ikaw... Siguro naman masayang masaya ka rin?" Sarah wanted nothing more than to hear that her old friend was just as happy as she was.

"OK guys ready!!!" They had to stop their conversation when Direk Dom's voice was heard over the speakers. "After the 1st 8 go in tapos stage center... Mind the dancers para di kayo mabunggo, tapos alam nyo na kilig kilig factor just like the old times. Turuan kayo ni Georcelle may choreo na konti.. Ok ha let's try, sing first, later na yung dance."

The music began. Sarah and Bernard entered, his hand inconveniently on her elbow.

Sarah pursed her lips tightly. She called upon all of the professionalism that she had within her. She had to get through this.

"I really can't stay..." Sarah sang tentatively. She didn't sound like she had the conviction that she usually sung with.

"But baby it's cold outside..." Bernard answered, smiling to encourage her.

"I've got to go away..."

"But baby it's cold outside..."

_________

"So what are you getting her?" Xian asked, looking at Matt's reflection in the mirror.

Both men were fitting their suit, especially provided for them to wear for their home network's Christmas concert. They were keen on keeping tradition of looking the part of country's biggest stars.

Matt's lips curled up to a smile at the thought of celebrating his first Christmas with Sarah as his girlfriend. "Secret."

"Pati sa akin secret? Bahala ka nga dyan. I'm getting Kim a ring," he said casually, but when Matt looked at him he saw that Xian had the happiest expression on his face.

Matt was quick to pick up his meaning. He stopped minding his cuffs and had his full attention to his friend. "You're proposing?!"

"Haha... Yes!" Xian cried out. "And I want you and Sarah at my wedding. Hindi kayo pwedeng mawala!"

"That's wonderful! Oh man, I'm so happy for you!" Matt said out of the overflow of his heart. He was so glad that two of his best friends were finally closing in on marital bliss. "Yun e, kung tatanggapin ka ni Kim!"

"Uy, wag ka magbibiro ng ganyan ha... Kinakabahan na nga ako e."

"So you realized that you really can't get on without her."

Xian had a pensive look in his eyes. "Yes. I was so close to losing her... Ayoko na yon maulit uli."

Matt could not be prouder of Xian. "Hay... Nainggit ako ha..." he said, his mind drifting back to Sarah.

"Edi propose!" Xian exclaimed. "If you guys are really sure about each other, then what are you waiting for?"

Matt shook his head. "I'll marry her in a heartbeat. But you know it's not that simple for her." He thought of her family and her career. At the rate she's going, he knew that marriage isn't anywhere near her plans yet.

"Bahala ka. Baka madagit pa ng iba si Sarah," Xian said and returned to fixing his tie.

"Nagkalakas ng loob ka lang mag-propose, ganyan ka na magsalita. No way in hell man. My Sarah's not going anywhere," Matt smiled at the mirror, convinced that Sarah will completely love his look for the concert.

______

Sarah nervously fidgeted with her hands as she tried to pick up the courage to tell Matt that she was going to have that horrible number with Bernard. They were on their way to technical rehearsals where they will be running the entire program. If she was ever going to tell him, she had to tell him now or let Matt find out for himself.