Time to prepare

My fingers slowly massaged the sides of my temple as I worked up every ounce of strength within me, not to hit my head against the whiteboard and give up for the day.

"Lucas.. Please, entertain me with the reason of why you thought it would be acceptable to make your frog talk to the other students..?"

The handsome class clown had his arms crossed, sulking in his desk from being punished, leaving only a shrug to be his answer.

I felt a slight throb vibrate through my head with this response. I clicked my tongue against the gap between my teeth before continuing. An annoying habit of mine when I am annoyed.

"And what on this green earth made you think it was even more acceptable to wear said frog as a finger puppet while doing so?"

My student shrugged again, thankfully adding words along with it this time. "Man, it's just funny and shit, Mr. Vincent."

My whole body twitched with such annoyance now, my voice raised slightly. "Lucas, you do realize how unsanitary and disgusting that was?! Do you know how long it shall take to clean this entire classroom because of your actions!? I do not know where blood and other fluids could have gotten to, therefore everything will have to be cleaned!"

The ringing of the class phone echoed through my ears, cutting me off from my rant.

I held my finger up to silence the very likely, next annoying comment my student had to grace me with. My finger then pointed at the desk, demanding him to stay as I walked over to the phone.

"Biology, room 201, Eddward Vincent speaking, what may I do for you today?"

A familiar voice sang on the other end. "Hey babe, I have a student here that wants to sign up for skiing, but he said he's failing your class. Can you come down to my office in the locker room and help me out with this?"

I felt my cheeks turn red slightly at the sound of this handsome voice, always catching me off guard. "Of course Mr. Barr, I shall be right down."

I hung up the phone, turning quickly on my heels before my "sly" student was able to make his exit.

"Do not think I forgot about you Lucas. You shall go and find one of the janitors, and ask them to help you get cleaning supplies to help me clean this room. I shall be back, if you are not here when I return, I will be making a phone call to your father. Understood?"

Lucas' eyes widen as he nodded his head eagerly from fear. It was not always I liked to use fear against my students. But knowing Lucas' father fairly well and his former marines way, I made sure to always use his father to my advantage.

"Y-yes Mr. Vincent!"  My student said before walking quickly out the door to fill my demands.

I followed out the door shortly after, adjusting my tie as I walked down the stairs and made my way to the gym. The doors were open, and it was filled with students, even though it was after-hours. One of our art teachers took it upon herself to teach a yoga class to our students, helping them relax before they went home to face the stress of all the homework us "awful" and "negative" teachers have given to them.

Nonetheless, I still put on a professional smile, nodding a hello and given words of encouragement as I walked through the gym. "Oh how wonderful it is to see students working together and doing something positive for themselves! Keep up the splendid work!"

Fools. I thought to myself, but would never speak out loud.

After a few more polite nods and smiles, I was finally at the locker rooms, my safe zone for today.