Flash back

Hey guys. Sorry it's been awhile. Been busy with college and home stress. Haven't felt motivated at all to write. Hopefully that changes soon.

Got a lot of people upset at Edd for turning away Kevin from the last chapter. So I thought I would shed light on Edd's past that may have influenced his decision with Kevin.
Enjoy.

~ A few years back ~

"Wake up my sleeping prince."

Soft lips pressed against mine as I my mind slowly became awake, leaving the dream land I visited for the night. Heavy and groggy eyes slowly blinked open as the beautiful man in front of me came in focus. Dazzling blue eyes, styled brown hair, and a smile that shined.  He was perfection, and he was mine.

I stretched out and wrapped my arms under my pillow as my eyes slowly studied every inch of this man that sat before me. A man I have had the pleasure of calling my own. Sure, it may have been a bumpy road, but we came a long way just on our love for each other alone.

"Good morning my love, how long have you been up?"

The man leaned in and softly kissed me again. "Just long enough to get coffee ready for you and prepared everything to start cooking breakfast together."

I looked over at the clock and frowned. "William, it is fifteen minutes later than the time my alarm is set at. Why did my alarm not go off?"

"You looked so peaceful sleeping, and I kept you up late. I thought you could use a few extra minutes."

"William." I threw the blankets off and got out of bed quicker than normal, heading straight to my closest. "I have told you multiple times not to turn my alarm off."

William shrugged before leaning back on the bed, resting on his elbows. "You're so organized all the time, I thought you needed to loosen up some. Relax and spend more time with me."

I picked out a clean white shirt and dark dress pants. I grabbed a peach tie at random, and hesitated to put it back, but decided that this was the one I was going to wear today. Though it was not my favorite, I have to admit, I kind of despise it. The tie was a gift from William once I got the job at Peach Creek High, therefore it had a soft spot on me.

"I am organized for good reason. Being unorganized does not relax me like it may do so for you."

William rolled his eyes. "Here we go again."

"I believe you have great potential, William. You are highly intelligent and can do a wonder of things if you put your mind to it."

I button up my shirt and stepped over to the now annoyed may laying on the bed. I handed him my tie as I do every morning, and he sat up, putting it on for me, as he does every morning. I am not sure where this tradition started, but as long as I remember us dating, he always put my tie on for me.

"You're not my mother, Edd. I do have a job interview later today for your information."

"Are you going to be taking this interview seriously though, my dear? You have a habit of getting bored and giving up, not showing up, or not accepting the job."

William adjusted my tie and shrugged. "I just want to make sure I get something I enjoy."

"It has been over a year. Though I do not mind being the one that makes the money in our relationship. I do not want to become your mother. I adore you, I have never loved a man like I love you. Therefore I do not wish to be anything other than your partner. It is my money that is being used, I am the one who cleans up after you, I am the one who cooks for you."