Chapter One: Pray to Your God.

Me & Slugz have been best friends since my first day out on the streets. She picked me up from a scary alley. I was lost. Lost & scared. I didn't even make a backup plan. I didn't even have a plan, period. My foster mom, Lydia, was right. No one cared. Slugz was there to pick me up. She saved me. She taught me how to live on the streets. If it wasn't for her, I don't know where I'd be. 

"V !! Are you done?"

"Almost."

I couldn't take this. I took the needle & threw it away. I wanted to feel strong & I wanted to feel good. The door opened.

"How'd it go?"

Slugz was wearing a scarf around her neck & a coat with lots of accessories. Her hair was braided & had highlights. She was chewing gum. Maybe, Big Red, since she loved a "challenge". 

"Fine. I don't feel any different, though."

"Well, not yet. Let it absorb. Take a breather now &enjoy the atmosphere."

Slugz was right. 20 minutes later, I never felt better. It was then that I realized, if only I had money. Me & Slugz were some of the best thieves around. They already knew our name. V&S. We tagged everything we stole. They'll never catch us though. They can't keep up with us. 

I was ready to go home after all the partying. It was too much already. I wanted to go back to school. I wanted to make some money. I wanted to have a career. Will my dreams ever come true? I doubt it. In every application, you'll need to jot down your address. I don't really have a home. 

"Hey you! Where is your head at these days?"

Chuckles was one of my friends whom I met at a homeless shelter. Me & Slugz thought it was too depressing, so we just jet. In there, I met this punk. Chuckles was attractive but I would never see myself with him though.

"You know, just thinking about my fucked up life."

"Can't say your life is perfect. No ones is."

"I just imagine a lot, you know? What life would be like if my mom didn't give me up."

"You wouldn't have met people like us."

"I would have turned out fine without you guys."

"I don't think you'll make it out there if it wasn't for us."

"Okay, maybe you're right. I just can't seem to imagine why my mom wanted me gone."

I stood up. I walked away. Just imagining that makes me extremely upset. I'll never let anyone see me cry. I don't want anyone to see me like this. Weak. Lonely. Pensive. I got to my room at about 4am. I slept on a mattress that was on a dirty floor in an abandoned house, that me & Slugz call "Sanctuary V". It was sort of our refugee. 

I woke up at around noon. I heard a crowd yelling. No wonder that woke me up. I looked outside & there was this concert going on. I had front-row-seat to a concert. This band sounded good. I'll give them that. I kept staring at them until my eyes got shut.