Sometimes to over come the dark you loose the light

Jace has covered the whole club, where is she? He hasn't checked the roof, the roof -he runs. As he runs up the sky makes an orange, pink colour. Alec, Izzy and mike join him, " nothing is up here Jace, she must be downstairs" Jace feels a little bit of relief maybe she is looking for them downstairs," you're right there is nothing up here other than-". Lying there in the middle of the roof is Emily. His Emily. Eyes shut, mouth closed , pale face. Not moving. Jace runs to her never had his legs moved so fast. Landing next to her checking her pulse. As he lays his head on her chest his eyes  sting and it feels like something is stuck in his throat making it hard for him to breathe. He may not want to if Emily doesn't. He holds his breathe , he feels a tear about to fall but he won't let it. Because if he lets the tear go then it would be like he is letting her go and that's something he will never do.

As Emily waits on the roof she senses a presence. Not one like a family member is visiting you from heaven. This was a presence that makes you feel small, useless and terrified. The type as a child you feel when you are in your room at night in the dark alone but your brain is telling you, you aren't. This was a presence that was sinful. As she was drawn closer to the presence the air became foul and unpleasant. The sky wasn't pink is was dark dark black. Emily through all of her training and experience could sense danger this was a lot worse it made her shake and question her skills this was evil. Finally a low ugly voice rang in her ears," you're friends are dying". She stiffens but keeps her voice normal," no they are out numbered" she paused un sure of what she is saying is true," they are fine, we will win." The spirit laughs ," that's what your parents thought , that's what everyone thinks, the demons don't stop coming, your friends will collapse of exhaustion, unless you do something." Emily thinks for a minute images of jace and everyone struggling and there being more bodies of shadowhunters than demons pilled. What he is saying is true. Not wanting to admit it she says," yes I will do something, I will fight you until I kill you like you did to my parents and Max and everyone you've killed !" Rage fills her and boils in her blood , through her bones and her heart. She lunges forward at nothingness swinging her weapons around through the darkness. This infuriates her more," come out you coward !" " show me your face ! Show me yourself ! Come and face me !" She swings again, and again. Tripping and yelling at nothing. A familiar laugh appears," stupid humans you cannot kill me ". Looking up at the voice,sweat drips from her forehead " I will I WILL". She lifts her sword but an unexpected force pushes it across the roof if it wasn't so dark she might of been able to tell if it actually fell off. " you cannot, you see I am immortal forever to live" he laughs," the devil put it on me you cannot kill me! ". Emily drops to her knees in defeat, she can never revenge her parents now, or max or anyone, her whole life that's all she wanted to do what he did to her loved ones; kill him. Power echoing his voice," now your friends are going to die and the demons will never stop coming my portal is unstoppable." Now banging her fists on the roof yelling," stop it stop I'll do anything !" She didn't care if she sounded dramatic all she cared about is Jace and Izzy and mike and Alec; her family. " you can't stop if it it's magic ". " magic always has a loop hole! ". " clever girl, the loop hole involves you ". " yes anything I'll do it ". " something is connected to the function of the portal, if it stops so will the portal". Emily's anger was replaced with confusion and fear. " that thing is a life " Emily instantly thought she would have to go kill someone she can go that it would save more she has to. " yours Emily your life, if you die so does the portal; and your friends will not." Emily stands her legs shaking, her mind is telling her something different to her heart. She stares into darkness," I'll do it, kill me to save my friends." The laugh is at first loud but fades just like her panic. Something is alright about saving the people you love most, it's all she wanted to do, save them that's what she is doing. She closes her eyes, seconds pass nothing happens she opens her eyes to see the monster she sees in her dreams correction her nightmares. " are you ready ?". " I'm not doing this for you, you haven't won I have because I am saving them." The figure that looks back at her is a undescribable, it's a mix between a demon and a beautiful human, eyes dark and empty somehow still staring at her. It then disappears laughing at it fades away. Emily waits and yells," you aren't winning! Keeping me waiting, I have won I have avenged my  parents I-" and something hit her it felt like mike kicking her in the stomach during training when they were kids before she knew she was strong, like seeing her parents dead motionless before she knew she would win and like when she thought Jace hated her before she knew she was loved. All the pain and hurt in her life hit her she could feel herself falling upwards. Then hitting something but the smile was there," I won " she thought." I saved my family especially Jace" thinking of Jace made her smile bigger. That boy healed her. With something she never had ;love.