TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 10

A/N: [Edited 2/1/2016] This is now becoming chapter by chapter edits.

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 10: Do Not Disobey

------------| Blaise's POV |------------

It wasn't every day that I got something new to distract me. At first, I allowed myself to think it was nothing big, just Luna asking me to help out a friend. It was something I would have done regardless. I'd never been one for 'helping' per say, unless I myself got something out of it. Loony had a way of propositioning ideas to sound more appealing than they actually are, however. This was definitely one of those ideas.

Granger wasn't what I was expecting. It was going to be difficult to find any enjoyment in messing with her. She was something of untouchable ground; she was seemingly unaffected by the usual flares and jabs. Her head was held high through even Draco's worst insults. Word always got around of her crying in the loo, but it was something of a strength not to let it show. Granger had my begrudging respect. Which made it all the more fun to see her riled up over the simplest joke.

Don't have me for a fool, now. I'm not interested in being friends the frizz hair Gryffindor, much less like her, but she was strong, I'd give her that. Diligent too, as well as intelligent. I wouldn't mind her doing my homework every once in a while. Thoughts like that weren't the ones I avoided on the daily.

I'd been willing to help her with her wardrobe, because honestly, it was simple match a sweater and jeans. I'd even been willing to give her a few tips on make-up, with the little knowledge that I knew. Eyeliner and shadow weren't so foreign as to know that green was not flattering on her skin tone. It was this side of refreshing to work with her towards a common goal. Anatomy had be enjoyable in the sense that we weren't bickering the entire time. Granger was, well, she wasn't repulsive to be around, that's all I'm saying on the topic.

When Granger made show of ignoring my letter, I knew it was the worst decision she had ever made.

Who, in their right mind, would ignore Blaise Zabini?

I had to set it right. I gave her the consequences. It was her choice to ignore them in favor of the oh-so-spectacular Caden Bone.

So I spill the metaphorical beans.

Hermione Granger's deepest darkest secret would be up for the remaining Hogwarts students to see.

I hope she learns her lesson. I don't think I can stand—I can't stand this much intentional hurt, even towards an 'enemy.'

-----------| Hermione's POV |--------------

Flying wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Caden made sure I rode behind him, to which I clung to his waist the entire time. I admit that I don't quite remember much of any it. The liftoff was enough for me to black out completely to my surroundings. I might has well have been a doll. Flying always had a way of making me forget what I was doing. I recall mounting the broom and Caden asking if I was ready. I also remembering lying through my teeth that I was.

My stomach had twisted around the ever growing lead the whole way. It was tense and my instinct told me something was off. It couldn't be Caden though. It must just be the idea of Zabini giving out my secret. He always made my stomach turn.

The only other thing I'm worried about is if I mumbled anything while partial blacked out. Merlin forbid if I said about Zabini or Ron. It would be terribly hard to explain how I had any sort of relationship with Blaise whatever- his-middle-name-is Zabini. It would be even more awkward to explain if I said anything strange about Ronald.

"Wow, that was ... exhilarating." Lame. Internal face-palm. I might as well have been small-talking after sex.

"Wasn't it just!" Cay exclaimed, propping the broom against the same tree as before.

That lie should not have work. Zabini would have totally seen through tha—Merlin, shut up. No one cares.

"I just love flying, don't you?" His brunet hair is slick with sweat and there is a gleam in his eye that makes me believe he lives for this. A punch in the gut, I tell you. What would you say if you found out something that you have hated is the one thing that makes someone live? Especially if that person is your biggest crush?

Well, I said, "Sure" which was probably right because Caden grinned at me like I made his day brighter. Lying probably wasn't the right answer, but there's no going back now.

"C'mon, let's go back inside, it's supposed to blizzard later today."

As Caden shuffles over to my side, he quietly grabs my hand. His palm is warm through our mittens. It somehow brings warmth through my entire body. I try not to dwell on the fact that his hand wasn't quite the same size as Zabini's. The trek back to the castle is a short and quiet one.

That, of course, is when I began to notice what was wrong in the scene.

Caden and I had just begun to enter near the base of stairs in front of the Great Hall. I was several steps up when I noticed the pictures magi-stuck to the wall. They were of me, I knew, even being so far away. They were muggle photos, static and in bright color. All of them were the same.

They were of me, age thirteen, during summer break.

We had been celebrating my birthday early since I wouldn't be home for it. I invited Kassie, a muggle neighbor girl. We had been friends since nappies. We were in my room, gossiping about school stuff as I tried to keep magic out of the loop. She kissed me.

That's right, Kassie Merdock, plain as day, kissed me on the lips.

Of course that is precisely when my mother opened the door and got a sneak picture of the early birthday girl. Center photo, two girls sitting on a twin bed, lips pressed together, eyes squeeze shut. Several hundred copies were floating around and magi-glued to the walls. There was no way they wouldn't be noticed.

My face heats up with anger and embarrassment. I couldn't stop the immediate tearing of my eyes. It blur my vision as I looked for the culprit. There, at the bottom of the stairs, Zabini twirls a copy and his frown seemingly deepens, "Do not disobey me, Hermione. There're consequences, remember that." He hadn't even looked at me as the words passed his lips.

=======

Love and Fireworks,

unique-goddess