Morning Hangover

No Sanji pov yet. This chapter is a little longer so enjoy. Also it's not even Monday yet, but here is a DEAL bc Black Friday sprit.

Im corny KMS
~~~

"Ugahhhhhh!" moaned the now bedheaded blonde as he clunked down the stairs. "Oh god I feel like shit."

"Take this." I stated calmly which caused his eyes to bug out as I slide Advil and water across the bar.

"How the did you get in my house?"

"You let me in." It was more or less the truth.

"As if I would do that."

"Good morning sunshine." I grunted as I went back to sipping coffee.

"Where you get that?"

"You made it."

"Was I drunk?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I sipped on the to sweet brew.

"Was I high."

"Oh yeah, and all sexed up."

"Ughh!" He groaned as he downed the pills. A thick silence came over us before realization hit the blonde like a brick. "Wait...did we?

I chuckled. "No."

"Good because I don't know what kind of bad decisions I make when I'm under the influence. Not to mention, my ass doesn't hurt." He smirked with pinks eyes. I was slightly taken back. Fucking me wouldn't be that bad of decision. Not like I can get pregnant. "Why were you here anyway?"

I causally slip him my phone with the notes from last night already up. There was some stuff left out. Like him crying. It was best if neither of us remembered.

"Oh ok. Well I have to go to work so~"

"A lady already called and I picked up saying you were it feeling well."

A grim expression made its way onto his porcelain face. "What did she sound like?"

"I-i don't really remember, but she sounded smart, warm, and monotone?"

"Ok good." Sanji sighed as he began to put out cereal. "You can go now."

"No thanks."

"Get out or I'll call the cops."

I could say he would get arrested for being high, but that could be used at another time. Not to mention drunk/high Sanji was easier to talk to. I didn't move, and he never did get around to calling the cops. I called him bluff, but I think this would the one and only time. I was just glad I was able to drop Monkey back at the start with Law for the day, so I could get to know Sanji, hopefully.

         Sanji stared at me intently as he tiredly hunched of Frosted Flakes, his abs wrinkling, "You know what I think."

         "What do you think?"

         "I think you don't really like helping people, persay." He stated not blankly playing  with the cereal mush "I think you are only trying to help people to prove to yourself you can."

          I guess me eyebrow waggle gave it away because he continued.

        "Or, better yet, someone you tired to help ended up 6 feet under."

        This caused me to clench the edge of the counter I was leaning on. My breathe hitched as my memories came back in a blood red flash. Like a old movie line was flickering behind my cold eyes. My heart was leaping into my throat, along with my stomach contents. It was barely noticeable, the quiver in my pupils and Adam's apple, but Sanji was a lot more observant then I hoped for. It would have never slipped past him. In any other situation Sanji would have easily just kept taps and moved on, but, no, I was in the lions' den.  

         A lamb to the slaughter.

         And he was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I tried to play it cool. Play it off. Your the dealer, and the gambler. Don't let him shuffle the deck. "I'm here to help you, not be interrogated."

"I just like to know who I'm dealing with, that's all. So tell me about yourself." Sanji stated as he eyes finally flickered back to me. I knew were done with that conversation, and that he was hoping that this one looped back around. I wouldn't let it. However, it takes two to tango.

"There isn't much to tell." I replied sheepishly as I scratched my neck, "I'm 23, born in raised here. I joined the Air Force straight out of high school, and now I'm
back in school majoring in emergency medicine and minoring in child psychology."

"You don't really rub me as a guy who's good with kids."

"I'm not, but I want to be." I sighed looking away. I was kinda scaring with this eye scar, but I really did like children. However when I looked back at the pale face across from me I wasn't meant with a judgement all scowl. A small closed-eye smile was plastered on his face as if he believed in my dreams. "W-what about you?"

"I'm ordinary." He grinned tightly. Usually I didn't mind digging deeper, but he looked extremely tense. The last thing I wanted or needed was to start back from square one. "Why did you leave the Air Force?"

It was a simple question really, yet one I wasn't ready to answer truthfully."I wanted to become a doctor."

             "You help people with PTSD, right?"

            "I try." No guarantees.

"PTSD, huh." He thought out loud," Why so specific?"

"I had a friends who had it." I tried my best not to choke on my words. If I was going to help Sanji I had to be confident and honest. He was no fool. The blonde automatically clicked that the guy was dead, I could see it in the way his eyes blocked me out yet softened. He didn't want to end up like that, but he wanted help even thought he'd never admit it.

"Do you have it?" He asked lifting up a coiled eyebrow like a snake ready to strike.

"Yeah." I replied pulling out a my bottle of pills and notebook, "I manage."

          "You know what's funny." He said as he went to scoop the soggy flakes into the trash. "It's funny how people love to tell themselves they've moved on."

Sanji paused as he began turned around to stare at me with crossed arms, a stance of judgement. He didn't say anything for a long time. I didn't say anything for a long time.

The silence wasn't awkward; it was suspenseful. He needed my help, but the next move would decide if he was willing to take it. Those words he spoke floated through the air.

It's funny how people love to tell themselves they've moved on.

But you never really do, do you?

He sighed in defeat. These mismatched conversations where eventually going to get to the both of us. "Well, since you cancelled my work today, you better entertain me."

His words came out like a threat coated as a joke. "Don't worry I have something planned."

~~~

Guys you should take guess why Zoro left the Air Force in the comment section ⬇️⬇️⬇️