Prologue

A/N: To the very lovely , my sounding board and the reason why this ever got written.

(500) Days of Summer is my favourite movie. I love its themes, messages, how it breaks away from stereotypes and romantic comedy cliches, plays with your expectations and its very human situations and characters. I'd been thinking about writing a Jovinki version of 500 Days for several months but got stuck in "role designations". But that, as well as being a soundboard and inspiration, was what my lovely friend Anna was for. Thank you Anna!

Note: This is a multi-media fanfic. It has a soundtrack and outfit pictures (especially for Sohinki). Each song and picture is included in the fanfic. The full playlist will be available on my YouTube channel Stelia22 upon this fanfic's completion (or sooner upon request). However, the multi-media content will only start in chapter 2.

_______________________________________

(488)

Sohinki was leaning into him, head on his shoulder, just like he'd always done once he'd gotten comfortable with it. It had taken a long time, but Joven had always known to let him go at his own pace.

As if he'd heard Joven's thoughts, a little smile broke out on Sohinki's face. And there, right there, were the fruits of Joven's efforts.

In the ring glinting on his finger.

(When you read a work of fiction, what do you see? The grand, sweeping romance; of two soulmates coming together, no matter the circumstances – no matter what else is happening in the story. Of two people always meant to be, the inevitable dropped throughout the story like bird poops on trees. A long line of interactions, a mix of hurt and drama and affection, before ending with the couple ready to begin their lives together.

This is the environment that Joshua Ovenshire – also known as Jovenshire or Joven – grew up in. A Californian citizen of Rowland Heights, he grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met, "The One". This belief stemmed from heavy denial of his parents' divorce and the aforementioned pop culture knowledge.

Matt Sohinki, originally of the state of Virginia then of Sanford, North Carolina, did not share this belief. The development of Sohinki's stubborn determination and flawless gaming record coincided with the disintegration of his parents' marriage.

Joven meets Sohinki on September 20. He knows almost immediately that he's The One he's been searching for.

So this is a story of two people coming together. But first and foremost, this is not a love story.)

_______________________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading! This short prologue will be followed by a short first chapter tomorrow and then the second chapter the day after. The second chapter onwards will be longer and more in depth. As always, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Stelia22