>>TwentySix<<

Marinette's POV

Adrien drove me home after a really fun evening in the forest. So far he's impressing me, but I'm still pretty ticked off about him keeping the secret for two whole months.

It was a bit past seven, so I hoped my parents weren't too mad.

The door bells rang as I walked into the bakery. Dad was at the counter, working as cashier. I walked past him towards the stairs, but not before hearing him say, "We need to talk with you later."

I stopped in my tracks and turned my head, nodding. Turning back around, I went up to my room and just looked around.

How did my life zoom by that quickly?

I swear it was only yesterday I was started seventh grade, which did lead to complications with Chloe like always, but it's just so overwhelming.

All these people that I had known for almost my whole life were going to be left behind in a matter of months.

There was no doubt we would all go to different colleges. All of us had our own likes and dislikes, like I had my designing and Alya liked journaling and reporting things, plus recording.

Then the room.

The delightful, pink room that has stayed pink since I was born, slowly growing a little more mature. Photo frames lined along the walls and desks, each one ranging in my age.

One where my mom was carrying me as a baby in Jeremy Hospital, wearing one of the brightest smiles you'd ever see.

Another where I was looking up at the camera, learning how to crawl.

Then one where I looked like I was starting to walk with a bit of a stumble.

They all went from first days of school, concerts, silliness, trips, and accomplishments.

I had three extra frames left. I had one planned for my graduation, but I wasn't sure about the other two.

Even mg birthday was coming up, giving me the clear that I was clearly about to be an "American adult." (The adult age there is 16 right? Oh and she knows her stuff don't question it😂)

It's all a lot. University or college. Dorms. Finals. The adult life after. Jobs. Children.

Life.

So much to look forward to, am I right?

And then the senior prom was coming up around next week on Friday. Which reminded me about Adrien.

I groaned at all this confusion. Why can't everything be happy sunshine and rainbows all the time? Not just one day a month? Everything just goes downhill after a great day.

You could be a park having the time of your life, but then you trip and scrape your knee.

Or maybe you're a weirdo and haven't done that in your life.

Personally, I want to live like a kid again. Just run around without any worries. Think as if my life wasn't going in spirals.

I just need that rush, in a way.

But before I get ahead of myself, I gotta do the homework that just takes away the ability to be social by taking up your "free time" after school.

×Dos horas después (2 hours later)×

My parents called me down after I finished working, causing me to have endless worries about if I'd done something wrong.

I walked downstairs into the living room where my mom and dad were, sitting on the couch.

"Honey, we need a quick little talk." My mom softly said.

I sat down on the coffee table in front of them and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Mari, we feel as if this wasn't the normal 'I got deeply depressed so I felt this was the right answer.'" My dad started off.

I sucked in a deep breath and signalled for them to continue, nodding my head.

"Sweetie, why did you attempt it? Everyone around here loves you and you're usually happy all around. Was it a bully?"

I decided to just be honest with this and get it done quicker.

"Yes, it was a bully. She had been doing that over the years now, getting more passionate about it each grade. But she stopped now and apologized to me, so it's all good. Can I go shower now?" I wanted to get out of this quickly.

My parents sighed and excused me with just two sentences.

"Okay, but please don't do that to us. You're our only daughter and we don't want to loose you."

I mumbled an "okay" before going back up to my room's bathroom to take a nice, needed bath.

×Por la mañana (morning)×

I sat up in bed after my alarm went off, loose hairs coming over my face.

I yawned and got out of bed for another boring Tuesday.

Other than the friends and all, but you get the idea.

After brushing my teeth and watching my face, I chose an outfit.

Yes it was actually going to include colors.

I picked out a sleeveless light purple blouse with a white cardigan and black leggings. Then I chose black boots that reached a few inches above my ankles.

My hair, being a bit longer than shoulder length, had little baby hairs sticking out everywhere.

I brushed it back into a ponytail with two pieces out in front of my face and curled the hair that was in the ponytail, giving it a cuter look. I finished off with some concealer and eyeliner and I was officially done.

Now for breakfast and school.

Bridgette's POV

Boy was I long over Adrien.

Felix was kind of shy but cute and funny, so I'm happy he turned out to be my soulmate. Sure, he's pretty "emotionless" in a way, but after you get to know him, he's one of the best people you could meet. A jokester, loud, sarcastic guy. After we got to know each other he asked me out on a picnic this Saturday and I agreed.

Life was slowly getting better.

Adrien's POV

Today, I planned to go full on simple and just take Marinette to the movies after school. Yesterday she had mentioned not liking scary movies at all, saying, "I don't care if people call me chicken or a scaredy cat. I'm not watching a scary movie. Ever."

I had chuckled at her stubbornness. She hadn't realized it but she'd given me the idea for today.

But first, lemme take a selfie! *beat drop*

Jk jk iM SORRY

But first, let's get through the school day.

♦•♦•♦

Yes you have permission to attack me.

Honestly I'm feeling so guilty but IM TRYING GUYS IM TRYING

short a/n today but just a short question till I'm done

What attracted you guys to this book??

Was it the fact that it was a soulmate au? The cover? Description?

WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THIS PIECE OF CRAP LMAO

hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for every single one of my readers :)) I seriously mean this thanks guys, without you I would update this every like 2 weeks or something. I love the support most of you give me😭❤